Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Center says award is in F; checkmytrip says coach

Old Dec 26, 08, 12:31 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

We've just made our first ever award redemption on BMI. It is one way first class from Asia to the US. The agent insists my husband is in F from SIN-ICN on SQ and ICN-LAX on OZ. Yet when I check on checkmytrip.com, the PNR shows that both segments are in coach. The agent was irate at being challenged, continuing to insist that the flights are booked in F. And in fact, the email has arrived, saying both flights have been booked in F. Money and points have been taken for a F redemption.

We have now called Singapore Airlines, who confirms the SQ and OZ flights are booked in first. What would explain the discrepancy between the BMI record and checkmytrip.com?
Old Dec 26, 08, 12:38 pm

i'm not sure why the discrepancy arises, but it seems to sort itself out once the ticket is issued - CMT reports the correct class after the e-ticket number becomes available. I've experienced the same thing before on an SQ redemption and it was all okay for travel.
Old Dec 26, 08, 12:57 pm

Programs: LH: Sen, AF: Plat; IC: RA; HY: Gold
This is quite normal, somehow CMT thinks the booking class used for SQ award is coach.

I have seen that before, but if you call SQ or enter the PRN on sq website it shows you the correct travel class.
Old Dec 26, 08, 1:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
What would explain the discrepancy between the BMI record and checkmytrip.com?
You can relax !

This is a well known bug in the CMT software which displays SQ First award reservations as Economy.

Have a great trip.
Old Dec 26, 08, 1:21 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Whew. Thank you so much.

It took us two days of many dropped calls as well as being told that seats could not be booked before we got precisely what I had seen from the start on the ANA availability tool. I'm very relieved more calls won't be required on this.
Old Dec 26, 08, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
This is also the case with TG and LH reward bookings.
If you pull up the seatmap, you will see that CMT will show the correct F seatmap, even though the reservation shows "Economy restricted".
Old Dec 27, 08, 8:14 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Gold, HHonors Silver, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
This is also the case with TG and LH reward bookings.
If you pull up the seatmap, you will see that CMT will show the correct F seatmap, even though the reservation shows "Economy restricted".
This isn't accurate. I've just had an F booking on LH and have got an upcoming F booking on TG. CMT has always shown the correct class of service even before the etix were issued. It's only SQ that has this problem. The only place you will possibly see any discrepancy is through Mismanage My Booking on flybmi.com
Old Dec 27, 08, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post
This isn't accurate. I've just had an F booking on LH and have got an upcoming F booking on TG. CMT has always shown the correct class of service even before the etix were issued. It's only SQ that has this problem. The only place you will possibly see any discrepancy is through Mismanage My Booking on flybmi.com
Well, the BMI award booking I made in TG F and LH F certainly showed "economy restriced".
Old Dec 27, 08, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
Well, the BMI award booking I made in TG F and LH F certainly showed "economy restriced".
Your experience is the odd one, LH F shows up on CMT properly unlike OZ and SQ.
Old Dec 28, 08, 9:57 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
All my LH redemptions through bmi's DC have shown up as normal in CMT too.

Maybe you're special!
Old Dec 28, 08, 10:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post
This isn't accurate. I've just had an F booking on LH and have got an upcoming F booking on TG. CMT has always shown the correct class of service even before the etix were issued. It's only SQ that has this problem.
Exactly the same experience myself for LH and TG F - no problem at all with either on CMT
Old Dec 28, 08, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
No problem with my TG F booking.
Old Dec 28, 08, 12:40 pm

Programs: TK*S, A3*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
All my LH redemptions through bmi's DC have shown up as normal in CMT too.
Ditto
Old Dec 28, 08, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
No problem with my TG F booking.
I just checked my TG itinerary and have noticed a time change to one of my flights for next year. Flight now leaves one hour earlier which suits me actually. I knew due to recent threads that TG were messing about with their schedules but this flight had previously been unaffected until now. Worth keeping a regular eye on any TG flight bookings I would say.
Old Dec 29, 08, 4:14 am

Programs: VA Silver, VN Titanium, BA Blue
I've only had this on CMT with SQ and OZ where an F redemption shows as Economy (although a redemption that has been comped into Suites shows as First) - but the giveaway is in the luggage allowance. Way more than an economy allowance.

Search this Thread