No refund of tax for change?

Old Dec 26, 2008, 7:18 am
Original Poster

No refund of tax for change?

Hi,

I have just successfully changed my existing reservation from NH C to LX F ^ However the taxes came out in my favour in that they were less than I had origionally paid however the agent refused to refund the difference. Does this sound right?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 7:54 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
I have a feeling that unless you cancel the booking and start again on a new PNR, the original taxes have to stand... however I may have just made that up so best you wait until someone with more knowledge replies to this thread
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I believe its correct.

If you had enough miles and if all the sectors were still available then you could have cancelled and rebooked - the cancellation is only Ł5 more expensive in terms of change fees.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:41 am

Your experience matches mine - they collect extra when it's more, but won't give back the difference with a lower tax amount... As others have said, cancel and booking again is the only way of getting the taxes back.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys...not the news I was looking for but never mind..bright side is for 20 quid I can now travel first class on a completely different airline^.

Last edited by peter10; Dec 26, 2008 at 4:29 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.