Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Have you had your BMI Xmas Dinner yet??

Have you had your BMI Xmas Dinner yet??

Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:14 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by BHDBOY
IMHO- decent business class service and the end of the 'meal deal' nonsense.
NO! As a regular down the back the 'meal deal' is great, hot food (tostie) and booze on 50 min flight is where BD really shine.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 3:57 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by szg
I thought, you were sleeping on the plane !!
Although I was stuffed to the gills after a massive Christams brunch in the FRA Sheraton, I still managed to swallow a few mouthfulls of LH's finest food and a few drinks too.

And yes, I slept like a baby, all alone in the C cabin, with just my blanky to keep me company. And an occasional visit from the purser.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:02 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by BigVince76
NO! As a regular down the back the 'meal deal' is great, hot food (tostie) and booze on 50 min flight is where BD really shine.
I don't mean getting rid of the free sarnies and booze, I enjoy them as much as you and also fly predominantly down the back. I just want them back handing them out for free to everyone like they used to! If you're further back than about row 15 on an A319 on a domestic you've no hope of ever getting served due to the infernal nonsense of all that card swiping going on.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 4:37 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
As BHDBOY knows well enough, at LHR you exit from door 1L, so sitting forward is useful, but at BHD you often exit front and rear. If you are sitting more than half way down the Y cabin you are going to be short on refreshments if everybody is having something or the flight is busy.

If I havent got the choice seats behind the curtain, I will often sit by the rear doors for a quick getaway with hand luggage. You barely get a look at refreshments if the flight is busy, although to be fair sometimes they work two trolleys if they have the staff.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I would certainly agree that half the problem with BOB on bmi, is the length of time it takes to process transactions on the terminal. Be it DC card, cash or CC it takes an age with one trolley. The FA serving is always waiting for the payment FA to play catch up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.