FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Redemption Help: Multi-account redemption and revenue onto same PNR? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/899047-multi-account-redemption-revenue-onto-same-pnr.html)

EsherFlyer Dec 14, 2008 4:25 am

Multi-account redemption and revenue onto same PNR?

I've been trying to figure out if it is possible to get redemptions made from two DC accounts plus a couple of revenue tickets onto the same PNR to simplify overall management. As a further complication the itinerary might include different carriers for different legs (perhaps BD TATL out, then UA or AC back). Would that mean at least two PNRs, or can they be multi-carrier?

The rationale for this is that it is worthwhile me paying for tickets to earn status and destination miles, but these would be of no/little value to children plus partner (although it would be good to consume the low-ish level of miles in their account).

Comments on the logic, approach, what I've missed/misunderstood, etc would be appreciated.

TIA

Guy Betsy Dec 14, 2008 5:12 am

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer (Post 10904872)
I've been trying to figure out if it is possible to get redemptions made from two DC accounts plus a couple of revenue tickets onto the same PNR to simplify overall management. ..

NOPE ! And from what you're asking it ain't simple for anyone.

Not even redemption from 2 different DC accounts. It has to be one booking from each account.

A revenue booking cannot be added onto a redemption booking, although a note may be added to the redemption booking to advise that you're connecting to or from a particular flight.

ajamieson Dec 14, 2008 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 10904932)
Not even redemption from 2 different DC accounts. It has to be one booking from each account.

Is that true? I thought someone on here had managed to pay from different accounts for the same booking.

Certainly it is not possible to mix revenue and redemption on the same ticket. In any case, I cannot see what advantage it would bring except easier allocation of seats.

EsherFlyer Dec 14, 2008 5:39 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson (Post 10904938)
Certainly it is not possible to mix revenue and redemption on the same ticket.

This is where I confess I'm weak on exact meaning of 'ticket', 'booking' and 'PNR'.

We will be 4 people, me paying revenue and also booking children on awards from my DC account. Partner booking on their own miles but as only Blue Plus, so I'm hoping I can use Gold status to ease into the same flight as them if 4 seats are hard to come by.

In my terminology we want 4 tickets on the same PNR, made through two ICC award bookings and one other booking that may or may not be ICC. So by 'booking' I mean 'conversation/transaction to select and pay for flights'.

AIUI, the significance of the PNR is that it links the tickets together so that they move as a block, rather than two of us going one way and two the other if the airline sees a need to chnage the flight schedule, etc.

In the end I don't care about terminology as long as we can achieve the desired effect.

FlyingYan Dec 14, 2008 5:58 am

Is that true? I thought someone on here had managed to pay from different accounts for the same booking.

Certainly it is not possible to mix revenue and redemption on the same ticket. In any case, I cannot see what advantage it would bring except easier allocation of seats.

You are right. It is not true.
We managed to get our flights to EZE on the same booking / PNR while "paying" from two different Diamond Club Accounts. It certainly was not easy as we both had to be on the phone at the same time to confirm our details, but it is possible.

ajamieson Dec 14, 2008 6:23 am

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer (Post 10904988)
In the end I don't care about terminology as long as we can achieve the desired effect.

Terminology is not the issue here - it can't be done.

You can combine spending from different accounts, though - as mentioned above.

HIDDY Dec 14, 2008 7:11 am

I posted that I had did it a few weeks ago.

In fact when booking the two awards from our separate accounts (I have permission to access my wife's account but not her purse) I forgot to mention to the agent about having it all on the one PNR but he did it automatically.

neuromancer Dec 15, 2008 9:13 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson (Post 10905054)
You can combine spending from different accounts, though - as mentioned above.

Is this confirmed? Or works if you come up an agent who doesn't know the rules? I mean, pay with 20000 miles from one and 5000 from another account?

HIDDY Dec 15, 2008 9:26 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer (Post 10910277)
I mean, pay with 20000 miles from one and 5000 from another account?

No you can't do that.

What we are talking about is to have two award tickets from two different accounts but linked to the one PNR.