Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Routing rules for oneway within asia?

Old Nov 9, 08, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black

Hello,

can someone tell me, where I can find the rules for a BD oneway award within asia?

How many segements?
Is an stopover allowed?

would the following routing be considered as an one-way BKK ==> CGK with DPS as stopover point?

25.11.2008 BKK DPS
03.12.2008 DPS SIN CGK

Thx, Martin
Old Nov 9, 08, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
booked BKK-SIN-DPS with tg/sq with no problems, did not request stopover, so cant help there

cost was something like $200 + 7500 miles for biz

yours looks like alot of backtracking tho
Old Nov 9, 08, 2:20 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
There is no limit to sectors, and you are allowed one stopover on each ticket. If you book two one ways instead of a return, you can have a stopover each way. The constraint is that you are not allowed backtracking, your overall mileage shouldn't be too far in excess of point to point mileage, and the route has to look reasonable to the agent who is taking your call. Agents can have different opinions on the matter. I had difficulty with one route (EDI-FRA-DEL-SIN-MEL) because the agent thought that Delhi was backtracking. In fact this route adds almost no extra miles and was the only way to secure availability in F on the preferred date. It took me four agents and a supervisor to get this route. And for needless sectors, I got a redemption IST-BEY-CAI-JNB-CPT when there is a perfectly good direct flight on IST-CPT. But my route didn't add many extra miles.

On the other hand, I have had much less direct routes accepted with no difficulty - one in particular that I thought should never have been allowed. But I haven't flown it yet, so I will not broadcast it too loudly. And for needless sectors, I got a redemption IST-BEY-CAI-JNB-CPT when there is a perfectly good direct flight on IST-CPT. But my route didn't add many extra miles.

I may have misread the situation, but I get the idea that these planes fly around the world without full premium cabins - it costs the airlines little to occasionally indulge our pleasures for obscure routes on leisure redemptions and in return they get our paid business on a regular basis.
Old Nov 9, 08, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
yours looks like alot of backtracking tho
Indeed. A fairly direct routing would be something like BKK-SIN-DPS at <1500 miles. Your itinerary is close to 3500 miles with substantial backtracking to SIN from DPS.
Unless you deal with an exceptionally dim agent, this has all the chances of being rejected as a one way.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: