Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Rant: Bug list for the newly released red/black/blue website (Bug Log, not discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant: Bug list for the newly released red/black/blue website (Bug Log, not discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Exclamation Bug list for the newly released red/black/blue website (Bug Log, not discussion)

Dear all

As the beloved "them upstairs" have decreed its time for us to have yet another half baked web site (paws up in the air if you remember this from the Light blue website), it's time for ...

Bug list for the newly released red/black/blue website tracker

So in the tradition of previous bugtrack threads, the following colours are allowed.

SERIOUS = Red
VEXING/NOT SO SERIOUS = Magenta (Yellow is unreadable)
FIXED = Green

Please use this thread to post your comments on the Bugs only please. Moans about the actual unusablity of the site should be in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=862892. If you prefer to PM them to me, I'll add it to the list when i get 3 minutes.

I've cleared the old list down for now so that new bugs can be listed easier.
-----
Thank you all

Last edited by Kevincm; Jan 6, 2009 at 10:13 am Reason: More listed at 1:24GMT/12-NOV... i need to lear vB code better :(
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:54 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
i was getting nowhere with "view activities" last night, but it is now working
Old Nov 7, 2008, 2:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Still messed up from last time :

Booking from the front page : doesn't default the return date to the entered departure date; allows entry of return date prior to departure date, then hangs when you click 'Get flights'.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 4:33 am

The opening webpage, if you dont have cookies activated, where it askes for your country and language doesnt have any scroll bars. So if you have the browser on anything but full size, you cant get to the "Continue" button.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 6:29 am

When I scrolled down to the bottom it jumped back up again and again.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 6:52 am

I get a LOT of 404s from various links.

E.g. Click on 'Diamond Club' in the left-hand pane on the homepage. Then click "need help" -> 404.

Plus when I log into my account, it displays my old postal address (I moved house 9 months ago). I rang up the India call centre to correct it, and they claim to have my new address already. So why is it displaying an old one?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:33 am

Programs: BA OW Silver, Aegean *A Gold, Intercon Ambassador Gold, EY Gold
Thumbs down No account info working!

Last week I was refused logon as my password was wrong, odd as I have never changed it in 5 years - AUTO PASSWORD RESET? Anyhow, I reset it and awaited an email response. After 5 times and recieving nothing I phoned the Gold line today and complained. They reset my password, and I recieved an email. I logged in with the new password - however I only have the ability to see account information and book a flight - no info on points is shown - LIMITED FUNCTIONALITY - NO VIEW ACTIVITES.

Therefore, I looked at the drop down and saw contact us - and phoned the online support line - of course it simply put me through to the General Reservations line. After I complained, they transferred me to the Gold Line and asked for my password. They tried to login and agreed there is something wrong, and I should try again in 24 hours.

Simply, the new website looks poor, has been implemented in an amateur way, without adequate testing, and as usual the Indian Call Centre seem unable to help. I am quite angry at this.

Last edited by bariummeal; Nov 7, 2008 at 8:50 am
Old Nov 9, 2008, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Arrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Tried to use the website for a redemption last night. Very simple. LHR-GLA and back. Between each screen - even between changing the destinations on the drop-down menu - basically, every time the screen changed, it would log me out and ask me to re-enter my DC number and password

It's a good thing I can just about touch type my DC number and password off by heart... Because I probably entered it 15 times just to view availability and check fares...

What is the point of this stupid website, if it won't keep me logged in to use it??? The person who broke the stupid frigging site should be shot
Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Signed my mum up to DC the other week on the 5K/Blue+ offer. She got a mail today offering 2500 miles for a flight before 4th Dec. Clicking the 'register' link gives a 'Page Not Found'. It would appear the 404 is from the 'you registered OK' link rather than the promo page itself:

http://www.flybmi.com/errors/404.aspx?aspxerrorpath=%2fbmi%2fen-gb%2freward-schemes%2fdiamond-club%2fpromotions%2fthank-you-for-registering.aspx<rest redacted as it's the promo/DC number/etc.>
Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Have updated the first post after having a sick weekend. Post them if you find them.

Remember - Pigs with lipstick live in Donnington Hall to it seems
Old Nov 10, 2008, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by kt74
every time the screen changed, it would log me out and ask me to re-enter my DC number and password
I'm caught in this MADDENING spiral at the moment.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 2:52 am

Got in OK today, but now 'view activities' is broken again.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 4:04 pm
Community Director Emerita

The security certificate for www.flybmi.com is not valid for flybmi.com.

The links to "My account" on the right hand side do not work, and I cannot figure out how to reach it.

Site map link at bottom of page does not work.

Also, the red on black text is near impossible to read in a well lit room.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 11, 2008 at 4:10 pm
Old Nov 11, 2008, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The security certificate for www.flybmi.com is not valid for flybmi.com.

The links to "My account" on the right hand side do not work, and I cannot figure out how to reach it.
click Diamond Club Members Area, in red, at the bottom of the screen. What happens after that is a toss of the coin.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 4:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
click Diamond Club Members Area, in red, at the bottom of the screen. What happens after that is a toss of the coin.
Appreciate the workaround. It did the job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.