Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Does BD offer an arrivals lounge in LHR T1 for International arrivals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does BD offer an arrivals lounge in LHR T1 for International arrivals?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2009, 9:24 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Problem with c) is BD mid- and "long"-haul flights are not convenient as connecting flights from places such as BKK. I'm not sure if it's worth devising a convoluted itinerary for the sake of a shower on arrival. If you are desperate I believe there are showers in T4 Arrivals.
I've ended up with LX via ZRH, so I'll get washed down there. I did, in an idle 10 minutes, think of ridiculous routings that would end in -BD, but it was looking like CAI, and there are limits. I may desire a shower after a night flight, but routing via CAI to get it would be beyond even my advanced levels of periodic silliness!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Sorry to bring this thread up from down below, but I am finding some conflicting information and I'd appreciate if someone could clarify it:

- closing time of BD Arrival lounge: 2pm or 2.30pm?

- as an invitation is required: do I ask check in desk staff at the outstation, or crew onboard?

Slightly OT, is there some similar provision for BD C passengers arriving DME? Wouldn't mind having a quick shower [and nap] before leaving the airport so early in the morning...
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:05 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by jms_uk
- closing time of BD Arrival lounge: 2pm or 2.30pm?

- as an invitation is required: do I ask check in desk staff at the outstation, or crew onboard?
The invitation is provided onboard, in my last flight it was provided in the menu when handed out. I believe the closing time is 2pm - I'll check tonight on my invite picture when I get home (If I have it somewhere, I used this lounge yesterday for a few minutes)

As an FYI - theoretically the rules of the lounge say you can only enter it before 12:30pm (Though they may not enforce this, my flight was slightly delayed and I entered fine at 12:40pm)

Edit: Only took a picture of the front not back, so, can't tell you the answer for certain, sorry!

Last edited by littlevoices; Feb 23, 2010 at 3:16 pm
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by littlevoices
As an FYI - theoretically the rules of the lounge say you can only enter it before 12:30pm (Though they may not enforce this, my flight was slightly delayed and I entered fine at 12:40pm)
Too early for me

Our ETA back to LHR is 13.05.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by littlevoices
The invitation is provided onboard, in my last flight it was provided in the menu when handed out. I believe the closing time is 2pm - I'll check tonight on my invite picture when I get home (If I have it somewhere, I used this lounge yesterday for a few minutes)

Just an update:

I got in at 1pm, and didn't have any invitation [I asked the crew on my flight, they only had directions to it] - was only asked for the boarding pass.

Very nice showers [and compared to the No1 - just right water temperature ] - and ok selection of snacks/drinks/magazines [bit late for cooked breakfast]. Used the free wifi to pick up emails to read on a way into London.

Will definitely make sure to use it if I applicable when flying medium/long haul into LHR - makes a difference.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, I know I can use the arrivals lounge at LHR returning from DME. Is it also right to assume that an iGUV'ed ticket won't affect that entitlement? Would prefer to maximize my sleep in Moscow and freshen up on arrival back in Blighty.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
So, I know I can use the arrivals lounge at LHR returning from DME. Is it also right to assume that an iGUV'ed ticket won't affect that entitlement? Would prefer to maximize my sleep in Moscow and freshen up on arrival back in Blighty.
You shouldn't have problems as you'll have C boarding pass.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As predicted, no issues getting in to the lounge with an I class BP off the DME flight. A little underwhelmed at waiting 30mins for a shower, though the shower suite is way nicer than those offered by BA or VS. A sausage bap and espresso went down well. Wifi was very cranky and wouldn't work with either iPad or laptop.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: Executive Club (Gold), Marriot Bonvoy (Gold)
Arrivals Lounge T1 LHR for Lufthansa

Sorry to bring this old thread up again, but can't find any information on the BMI / Lufthansa web sites to clarify this.

I'm flying NRT-FRA-LHR next month on Lufthansa in C. Would I be able to use the arrivals lounge in T1 before I catch a LHR-BHD flight?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
In short, no access for LH passengers. Even if there was the point is mute as it'd be closed when you arrive from FRA anyway.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: Executive Club (Gold), Marriot Bonvoy (Gold)
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
In short, no access for LH passengers. Even if there was the point is mute as it'd be closed when you arrive from FRA anyway.
Ah good point. Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Just use the London Room. It's not really that bad!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Arrival lounge at LHR ?

I arrive on BD to LHR from AMM in C and continue on BA to HEL in Y with a 6 hrs layover. I am at the moment low on OW status with MA in bankruptcy. I do have AB gold, but they are not OW yet so I guess BA Galleries is out for me.

Do I have access to the BD (or *A) lounge with my incoming b/p + DC card?

As a last resort I can use the T3 "F" Servisair lounge with my Diners Club.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:07 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I arrive on BD to LHR from AMM in C and continue on BA to HEL in Y with a 6 hrs layover. I am at the moment low on OW status with MA in bankruptcy. I do have AB gold, but they are not OW yet so I guess BA Galleries is out for me.

Do I have access to the BD (or *A) lounge with my incoming b/p + DC card?

As a last resort I can use the T3 "F" Servisair lounge with my Diners Club.
You will have access to the *A Arrivals Lounge in T1. You should be given an invitation on the flight, if not, then the lounge will have a list of 'eligible' customers from flights. Just keep your ticket stub.

Access: Business, bmi Gold Diamond Club passengers arriving on bmi (BD) flights from African, Asian, Eastern European, Middle Eastern origins; business, first class passengers from all South African (SA) and United (UA) arrivals. Star Alliance Gold customers on economy fares are not eligible regardless of airline. First and business passengers from other carriers are not eligible for entry.
http://loungeguide.net/wiki/u/London...rrivals_Lounge
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Just remember that the lounge closes at (IIRC) 14:00 or 14:30. If the inbound AMM flight is delayed you may have only a short while to avail yourself of the lounge. We used it last after an AMM arrival, and I always enjoy it - very accommodating staff and nice facilities with a view over T1 check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.