Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by botham
Thank you, no direct flights then!
If you're booking through DC, you could redeem on VS direct. Downside is, miles only and must be booked as a return.
Old May 20, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Using ANA tool

How does one register their DC miles with ANA?

I have just experimented with the ANA tool for the first time, found the flights I wanted, but the mileage balance shows as 0, so it won't let me go any further.

Is the tool just to find out which flights have available seats, then to phone SA to book?
Old May 20, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by botham
How does one register their DC miles with ANA?

I have just experimented with the ANA tool for the first time, found the flights I wanted, but the mileage balance shows as 0, so it won't let me go any further.

Is the tool just to find out which flights have available seats, then to phone SA to book?
Yes. You use the ANA tool to find availability and then don your flak/bullsh*t jacket and ring the call centre to book your flights.

Remember, have your flight details to hand and take them through your proposed itinerary step by step. Done correctly, it's not patronising and the person on the other end of the phone appreciates the assistance. The surly ones will find a way to prevent you from booking however nicely you speak to them.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ANA
* The Partner Flight Award search function is not available for passengers who do not have any mileage balance.

Time to credit a flight to my ANA account for a change...
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I've just noticed this. Disaster!

Does ANA still give you 200 miles for signing up? If so, I may need to create a new account. Alternatively, it looks like I'll be blowing some hotel points on a transfer.

EDIT - very annoyed, just noticed that they give miles for stays at Peninsula hotels, and I had a Tokyo Pen stay last year that got credited nowhere because I assumed they had no partners.

Can you buy ANA miles? I can't see that option.

It looks like you could credit a hotel stay directly (ie not doing a transfer, crediting a stay at check-in) but that is a faff, especially given the many Priority Club promos at present that I would be sacrificing.

Last edited by Raffles; Jun 17, 2010 at 3:01 am
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
ah, so that's why the "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" and "Use the Single Airline" buttons are greyed out.....

We'll continue this particular discussion in the new thread I've created.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jun 17, 2010 at 3:10 am
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
A work around has been produced already in the other thread. I will update this FAQ as soon as I can to reflect the changes.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Let me express my deep gratitude to RAPC and everyone else who has taken the time to teach the rest of us about the ANA award search tool. I just got a great F award for next year, SFO to Barcelona, using it.

ANA showed the availability on a combo of Lufthansa and United flights. UA did its *A blocking routine for the LH flights (boo!) and Continental came through in the clutch. So, 135,000 CO miles and $100 in taxes and fees later, I'm in F for the SFO-FRA flights (C for FRA-BCN).

Thank you, all!
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:55 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Not sure if this is new, BUT

ANA tool is saying mile balance is req to use the Star Alliance Search Function

Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Not sure if this is new
Er, no
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
See this thread

Doh.... didn't realise the previous poster had used a hyperlink.....

Last edited by louie-m; Jul 23, 2010 at 2:54 am Reason: I'm an idiot ;-)
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Not sure if this is new, BUT

ANA tool is saying mile balance is req to use the Star Alliance Search Function

The link above will lead you to a full discussion, but the simple workaround is do an ANA International Award search on any itinerary that ANA services (e.g., SFO-NRT). When the results come up, scroll down and you'll see a link to search Star Alliance partners. Click that link and then change the search boxes to whatever dates and route you are looking for.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass
Dull yellow? Return route?

Apologies if this is a question that was answered, but I couldn't find it. The dull yellow availability on "return route", I'm not sure what that means.

Does that means if I have an outbound flight on LH booked in business and I want to upgrade to First - if availability is showing as the dull yellow - will I be able to upgrade? Or is it only if I'm booked on a roundtrip and trying to upgrade on the return flight?

This could just mean it's not available using the ANA Tool, but upgrade availability exists on LH.

My return flight is on CO, so I just want to double check.

Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
The dull yellow on a return route just means you haven't selected an outbound route in ANA. The seats are still available.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
If you want to see a bright yellow, select an outbound flight first..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.