Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Ladies and gentlemen, Continental award availability is now showing on ANA. Fill your boots.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I want ot use BD miles for a trip from SIN to Japan and am fine on the international sectors (well except for SQ witholding A333 C seats on SIN-KIX). However, I am currently facing the phenomenon with the ANA award booking tool that it is showing me no flights available at all on 3 different domestic sectors within Japan that were wide open yesterday.

For example I'm looking at FUK(Fukuoka)-ITM(Osaka Itami) on Nov 6, KIX-CTS(Sapporo Chitose) on Nov 8 and CTS-HND(Haneda) or NRT on Nov 12. I can now not even see one single eco seat all day and in the case of CTS-HND that is for like 15 different flights that day all on big 76P, 777 & 74Ps. KIX-CTS is also almost 10 flights a day. Strange.

Yesterday it showed almost every flight available even for 2 pax. Could it just be a temporary blip like from loading a new NH winter schedule or so (I can see some flight times changed, e.g. NH1715 KIX-CTS changed from 13:30 to 12:35)? I don't think they sold out / restricted awards in the last 24hrs for travel over 10 months away.

Still plenty of time to book but I was just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar before. I aksed in the NH formum but no info. Thanks ...
Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by RAPC
Ladies and gentlemen, Continental award availability is now showing on ANA. Fill your boots.
Is there any consensus about how CO release award seats? For instance, I'm looking at CO17 GLA-EWR, which has good availability in the next month or so but none in August / September. Is that because seats are released closer to travel dates, or because I'm looking at packed out peak season flights?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 8, 2010, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Peak time flights. Any released seats for that route in summer will be well gone by now.

It doesn't mean that more seats won't be released, but you'll need to keep checking to get them and you may be waiting until close to departure.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by RAPC
A Guide to finding redemption seats using the ANA Online Tool

Booking an award in one cabin for one leg and another cabin for the other leg is absolutely fine. You should be able to book this as a redemption, although you may need to explain this to the ICC. You are charged the miles for the cabin class of the longest sector

RAPC
Is this still true? Charged miles for the longest segment? (like 2 connected flights making the longest in C and shortest in F, redemptions as C?)

I didnt search forum as this is mentioned in the sticky.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Would there be an idea to link to a list of SQ flights that actually are available on ANA for F/C class?

Tought job for everyone to decipher trough seatguru and SQ timetables etc what flights that would make sense to search on ANA
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 2 Million Miler Star Gold, AA Million Miler, Exec Plat
Spectacular Tool

Hats off to this thread. I feel sooo dumb. As a 10-Year FT-er, I *just* came across this after seeing some CNN Traveler report mentioning some millionaire mileagers (who I found out have blogs and spoke about "KVS")

Then I find out KVS - for Star Alliance - appears to me a fancy front-end to ANA.CO.JP

And while for some reason the United Agent couldn't find the Asiana flight which ANA swore was available, all other legs were magically "approved" - further some quick key stroking on ANA whilst speaking to United found me some quick saving alternative routes.

I was able to book R/T SFO-SIN (via YVR & PVG outboung and BKK & LAX return) for 125K miles in Business in about 1 hour (took longer as I love all the permutations ANA offers via "connect flights")). This - vs - the day before my girlfriend on the line with United for 2.5 hours (seriously) and "not being able to find anyway to Singapore". AHEM

Thank You FlyerTalk!!!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: Emirates; BA; flybe
First Class....

....thread. ^

This tool should help greatly as ICC for BMI DC isn't particularly great.

A question from me re the tool ...

I noticed that some earlier posts indicated issues with seeing anything but a triangle for VS flights - I still see this. Does anyone have any recent experience where the tool has shown availability for VS flights ?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roppongi
Then I find out KVS - for Star Alliance - appears to me a fancy front-end to ANA.CO.JP
Yep, that's what it is. KVS is an extensive collection of interfaces to lots of different web systems.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I have just edited the first post because ANA now displays SWISS, Air China and Shanghai Airlines.

All the symbols have been done away with, so poor old RAPC will have to do a bit of a re-write, I'm afraid!
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
so poor old RAPC will have to do a bit of a re-write, I'm afraid!
Unfortunately RAPC can't come to the computer right now, he's shopping.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Unfortunately RAPC can't come to the computer right now, he's shopping.
Just back from shopping (well, accompanying the wife shopping and trying to stop any spending) but on holiday for the next few days.

I will start to play with ANA and will get on to re-writing the guide at some point next week when I'm back home. Until then, apologies all for the slightly out of date guide.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I have just edited the first post because ANA now displays SWISS, Air China and Shanghai Airlines.
Sweet - good news, good old ANA. Unfortunate for expertflyer though, removes another motivation to pay them their small fees as a StarAlliance flyer.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
If ANA shows avail, is there any reason that an ICC agent is correct in saying there's no avail? This is a well-known problem with UA (which, for those of you who might not know this) employs something called StarNet (think Death Star) which limits the number of UA awards on other carriers.

Does BMI do the same?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Yes, bmi's StarNet is expressed via their staff training manual.

Nah, 97% of the time ANA matches the actual availability via BD, However, there is growing evidence that somethimes limited inventory appears for a few days before it is bookable - the solution seems to be to just keep trying until it actually becomes available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.