Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Strange LH ex LHR award availability showing up

Tried using the ANA tool to find LH award availability on LHR/LCY-FRA/MUC and for some strange reason, ANA only shows "on request" coming up. Equally, the ICC seems to have issues trying to get availability. Tried various dates in August and September and all dates seem to be the same. To confound matters, even F seems to be showing on the route, but also with the on request symbol.

Any idea on what is going on? Quite keen to book an award however I can't seem to get myself to FRA in the first place which is very frustrating!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:38 am

Hmm.. 30 minutes later, all appears ok again!

Very strange.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
ANA had a hicup earlier where there was "maintence issues" (was searching UA flights for someone). LH flights have varied to on request mostly when I've searched

All fun...
Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
To confound matters, even F seems to be showing on the route, but also with the on request symbol.
This is usual when ANA is having an off-moment : it shows the "on request" black triangles for all three classes, irrespective of what class(es) are actually offered on the flight.

Mergerd into the main ANA FAQ.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:20 pm

No - this seemed to be LH doing some IT maintenance as it was also affecting what the ICC saw.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
No - this seemed to be LH doing some IT maintenance as it was also affecting what the ICC saw.
The black triangles usually appear when ANA cannot make a connection to the back-end system to extract and display the availability, so its not too much of a surprise if the ICC can't see the availability either.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 1:18 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by RAPC
One last question: How do you find Premium Economy cabin availability?
Simple answer is that you cant. Due to PE cabins only being available on a few planes on a few *A airlines, these are not supported by ANA. You will not be able to book PE on the likes of Air New Zealand or SAS via Diamond Club, so dont bother searching for, or asking the ICC for redemptions in these cabins.

The exception to this of course is Premium Economy on the Manchester long haul flights to Chicago, Las Vegas, Barbados and Antigua. The only ways to check availability for this cabin on those flights is via www.flybmi.com or by calling the ICC.
This explanation needs to be slightly updated to reflect the new routes that the A330s will be flying post April 26.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:25 am

Programs: bmi
Security warning

hi all as I am a novice on here please be nice....I have followed the instruction and registered no problems there but when I go to find upgrades awards my pc tells me there is a problem with this websites security certifiicate and advises me not to go any further..when I get this message I dont normally ignore it so should I go ahead?????
Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by luby53
hi all as I am a novice on here please be nice....I have followed the instruction and registered no problems there but when I go to find upgrades awards my pc tells me there is a problem with this websites security certifiicate and advises me not to go any further..when I get this message I dont normally ignore it so should I go ahead?????
I've never received any such security notices. I've been using the site for a couple of years without any problem.

Oh, and welcome to FT luby53.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by Corpt
I've never received any such security notices. I've been using the site for a couple of years without any problem.
That's probably because, as bmi members, we aren't messing around in the upgrade award section where we have no reason to be.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:22 pm

Please note that availability can be seriously reduced on some airlines (SQ is a good example of this) if you search for more than one ticket at a time. It is often worth just searching for one passenger to start with and then selecting a higher number of passengers if required once you have identified initial availability.
Am I missing something here? If you need two seats, how does searching for one first make any difference (unless you are happy to travel in different classes)?
Old Apr 25, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by small em
Am I missing something here? If you need two seats, how does searching for one first make any difference (unless you are happy to travel in different classes)?
SQ nearly always only release 1 F seat at a time - so searching for 2 will always show nothing. However, most people have found that almost as soon as the 1 F seat is reserved another is released, and hence they can book a 2nd seat with another reservation.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold - so flying too much again... plus AA, LX, VS and too many hotel programmes to mention
VS availability showing as "on request"

I am checking dates for a trip on VS to SFO (or LAX if I can't get LHR-SFO).

The ANA tool shows the "request available" triangle.

Does this mean I can or cannot get a seat via the ICC?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
As mentioned above, VS availability hasn't been showing properly on ANA for at least six months.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Continental availability is not yet showing in ANA as of this morning. As and when they start to appear in ANA, I will update the main sticky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.