Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Rather a great enhancement, noticed as well myself this morning - no more creating spreadsheets. Its worth noting that it will limit;your searches to only a single class of service as well, so still some use for the scraping tools (though no more paid-for-awardnexus methinks)

I also noticed a bug that internal US flights only showed up for First class availability, though when using the tool for a day it showed as business class.

Either way a welcome enhancement as I look for my final couple of flight (changes) with bmi, would have been handy a few months ago.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
What a great enhancement to the tool - shame it's too late for most of us !
Fantastic! Comes just in time for me!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: bmi ba virgin
ANA 7 day availability

A bit late as we approach the final 30 days, but i've just used ANA to check for flights (i like, most of us, have no miles with ANA), and when looking in the star alliance options, it now offers a 7 day availability check for direct flights... very useful and much quicker.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Hmm.. for some reason my greasmonkey script isn't working with Firefox 12. Any tips??
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Cannot seem to over write my flight search parameters after selecting the Star Alliance Search Option.
Tried it in Firefox and IE.
Am i doing something different?

1. Searched for flights between ORD & NRT
2. Went to the bottom of the page and saw a radio button option for Star Alliance Search
3. Selected that and hit the refresh
4. Couldnt overwrite my original search criteria "ORD - NRT"

Any help?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Any help?
For a search engine that doesn't require jumping through hoops, try Aeroplan:
https://www1.aeroplan.com/adr/AirBooking.do

If it comes up with ClassicFlight availability, there's generally *A inventory too.

If you're trying to do a one-way search and the engine tells you that there aren't any available, just put in a dummy return date.

This is, of course, no longer relavent for Diamond Club members.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Surely, you meant: Unfortunately the only free source for VS award availability is the VS website.
I can understand KVS claiming they are the only ones showing VS award availability, but dear me, GC, you should spend some time on the VS forum :

http://www.rewardseats.com/rewards/vs/

It shows VS availability in a very google maps like GUI... if only all award searches were as easy.

In my opinion, the guy (or gal) who wrote this tool has done a great job......

Last edited by Catch23; Feb 12, 2013 at 5:00 am
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
After doing tons of searches on ANA yesterday I encountered for the first time a catcha question. After the initial one, I had this on all subsequent searches.

Maybe would have helped logging out and back in, but didnt try as I was almost done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.