Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Rumours: announcement Friday, MAN unions involved

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumours: announcement Friday, MAN unions involved

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:09 am

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
So its after 5:30pm has anyone any idea what the big announcement was?

The announcement was cancelled on Tuesday (according to Pprune)

for those interested in keeping an eye on this, the thread was incorporated into the BMI thread here

P
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I like these rumours. This is a cracker !

A330's to LHR to service Tehran, Jeddah and Kuwait City. EI take over JFK from BA and ORD from bmi (with BD/UA codeshare).
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Hmmm.... If EI are taking over the MAN-ORD route, suddenly the daily US flight looks far more appealing for any connections from MAN through the DFW.

Come to think of it, connecting through PHL might also be a better way to get to ORD...
Old Oct 24, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
EI is a very leaky ship - I've heard nothing about this whatever, not even a whisper.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
I thought the idea was to hook the ERJ the back of the A330 and tow it south, letting the cable drop over Preston so it can glide into MAN.
I had the idea that parachutes were involved.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Only if you're BD *G

Everyone else has to buy a toastie, throw it out first and try to land on the squidgy pile of "cheese" goo
Old Oct 24, 2008, 5:32 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
If you look hard enough, the truth is out there.

Major announcement due from bmi
Is that G-DLTF or C-DLTF?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 5:05 am

Manchester rumours

Hi All

It's getting to that time of year again when we long to go back to Las Vegas courtesy of BMI's direct flight from Manchester. Along with the usual "air fare chicken vs redemption chicken", all the talk of the rumours concerning BMI and Manchester has caught my eye. I was just wondering what would happen to people booked on flights if all the rumours come to light and the route gets scrapped etc. Would they just get given the alternative route which could turn out to be an indirect flight due to the changes without the chance of a refund ?

...or is it just all rumour and we shouldn't let it influence us making a booking ? The man-las fares are pretty good at the moment (for May) so we are quite tempted.

thanks in advance
Claire
Old Oct 27, 2008, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Suggest you refer to the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879861

Old Oct 27, 2008, 5:35 am

Yeah I've seen that...I kinda got the impression from some of the responses that perhaps it's nothing to worry about....and also maybe that things get taken a little less seriously here than on the pprune board
Old Oct 27, 2008, 5:47 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Threads merged
Old Oct 27, 2008, 5:54 am

Yes, well we already booked in Business on this route,a heavily discounted fare, which normally does not allow cancellation or refund.
We hope that all is well.
On the face of it all is well, they are happily taking booking and making offers way into the future, but of course that is what airlines do????
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by marpusbean
Yes, well we already booked in Business on this route,a heavily discounted fare, which normally does not allow cancellation or refund.
We hope that all is well.
On the face of it all is well, they are happily taking booking and making offers way into the future, but of course that is what airlines do????
What would you suggest? Airlines sell tickets 350ish days in advance - are you seriously suggesting that an airline should therefore have to give 350 days advance notice of pulling a route?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
From past cancellations a re-route or a full refund have been offered even for non-refundable fares. I therefore wouldn't worry. I pray the rumours are not true though, unless they want to operate to LAS from LHR then I'm all in favour
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
From past cancellations a re-route or a full refund have been offered even for non-refundable fares.
It is a legal obligation under EC Reg 261/2004 anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.