Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

BD55 EDI-LHR, odds of a Mid Haul A321?

Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage

I was just looking at a booking I have for the above BD55 on Sun 7th Dec, and notice it's showing as A321 operated. Whilst I'm well aware that "past performance is not an indicator of future success," I was wondering if any of you EDI folks could let me know what the chances are of getting a mid haul aircraft on this run? Or is it odds on for good old G-MIDC or MIDL, who are both long standing friends
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:50 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
there really seems to be no logical pattern as to where these mid-haul aircraft end up. We had one (A320) in BHD on the 17:30 to LHR on saturday.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
You could use ACARS to track the aircraft, flight by flight, and even work out the diagram that included BD55. At the moment, MIDC is working for bmibaby, and MIDL is operating flight numbers BD8XXX and BD9XXX (what are these, Airbus215 ?) so neither is in revenue service at the moment. So odds on it'll be a mid-haul BMED 321. Or not a 321 at all.

Originally Posted by BHDBOY
...good old G-MIDC or MIDL, who are both long standing friends
G-MIDC, 15 Feb 2004, LHR-TFS.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Wow, LHR-TFS, I had forgotten about that route!

I've been hoping to get on one of the MidHaulers just for a change, all of my BHD runs since May/June have been on 319's (mostly G-DBCF in fact).
I had looked at doing a Tblisi Z1-Z2 in C with my father, however Mr Putin put paid to that one!

Just remembered something else so I'll hijack my own thread. On the BD83 3 sundays ago, 5th October (A319 ops) there was the usual 2 cabin service but no curtain separating Y and C. Now please correct me if I'm wrong but, AFAIK legally it is the presence of a curtain which triggers the higher APD for C. I seem to remember reading somewhere, perhaps on here or on airliners.net that BD regional were circumventing the higher APD by offering a business cabin but without a divider on the jungle jets. Anyone any ideas if this is something now being adopted by mainline? Or maybe the poor sod in "the snug" on a previous flight was obliterated by his thermonuclear toastie and the curtain was still with the dry cleaner?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by BHDBOY
...Now please correct me if I'm wrong but, AFAIK legally it is the presence of a curtain which triggers the higher APD for C...
Aircraft separated into different areas by virtue of:

different seats;
seating configuration; or
other means of physical divide (such as a curtain);
and
Airline markets premium class (es)
Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:42 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Im doing the BHD-LHR run every weekend myself from now till xmas, have to say ive always had the curtain in C.

Your right its been mostly G-DBCF the past few weekends. This aircraft has some power unit missing which means it needs ground power to start engines. The captain always explains this as it seems to take a bit longer. It got unbearably hot last weekend (12oct) in LHR without aircon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.