RANT - Downgraded at LHR T1

Old Oct 3, 08, 11:55 am

Programs: DL-PM. AA,QF,UA. Every imaginable hotel program, but use Hotwire and Priceline whenever possible!
Originally Posted by davemcv View Post
English???

Update - BD have conacted me to apologise for the inconvenience
Just to apologise? Or is the compensation issue to be handled separately?
Old Oct 3, 08, 11:56 am

Programs: DL-PM. AA,QF,UA. Every imaginable hotel program, but use Hotwire and Priceline whenever possible!
Originally Posted by clubman View Post
Sorry to go OT and the OP does have my sympathy, but may I ask you (OP) whether you are native English?
I will tell you why I ask, once you reply...
Clubman: we are waiting...
Old Oct 3, 08, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by DLFan2 View Post
Clubman: we are waiting...

with bated breath...............
Old Oct 3, 08, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I had the same queuing issue with biz bag drop tonight. They've moved the economy bag drop to where BA used to have theirs and it's very badly signposted, so most people just seemed to go to the biz bag drop. They didn't have anyone policing the line, but one of the agents would jump up every few minutes and tell people to go away if theye were flying economy. It took the best part of 20 minutes to dop my bag off.

Incidentally, although I wasn't downgraded, there were 2 bmi crew in Row 1 on the BD10 tonight.

The best part was in the lounge. I went into the loo in the DC lounge and found a large metal wrench by the sink. It would have made a wonderful offensive weapon. I took it down to the downstairs lounge reception where they blamed their plumber.
Old Oct 3, 08, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Incidentally I once found a large pair of metal scissors in Dixons in T3 LHR... I was tempted to lift them and hand them to security but I didnt particularly want to be carrying a pair of scissors around the secure areas of heathrow...
Old Oct 3, 08, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, EI Elite, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DLFan2 View Post
Just to apologise? Or is the compensation issue to be handled separately?

compensation was discussed and agreed

i dont really want to set precedents so i'll say im quite satisfied with my response and discussions with BD and maybe if i make it to the meet in the crown bar in belfast later this month i might discuss it then
Old Oct 4, 08, 3:19 am

Programs: BMI*G, BA Blue, Flying Blue, Priority Club Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred.
Dear DAVEMCV,

I commend you for being diplomatic and not discussing the compensation in this forum.

But may I ask what the explanation given was?
Old Oct 4, 08, 6:29 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by davemcv View Post
compensation was discussed and agreed

i dont really want to set precedents so i'll say im quite satisfied with my response and discussions with BD and maybe if i make it to the meet in the crown bar in belfast later this month i might discuss it then
I'm afraid I do not commed you, and I do not agree it is diplomatic. May I respectfully suggest you are wrong to take this approach.

Whilst I respect anyone's right to post or not post what they want, but your original post sought both sympathy from your mates here on FT and you sought their expertise and experience about what compensation you should expect.

You've then said you've resolved it, received some compensation but you're not going to post the outcome here but instead are going to tell some other people in Belfast who might not even be involved in the thread how it was resolved.

May I respectfully (genuinely) suggest you reconsider this approach and post the results.
Old Oct 4, 08, 6:59 am

Programs: HH, BD
Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
I'm afraid I do not commed you, and I do not agree it is diplomatic. May I respectfully suggest you are wrong to take this approach.

Whilst I respect anyone's right to post or not post what they want, but your original post sought both sympathy from your mates here on FT and you sought their expertise and experience about what compensation you should expect.

You've then said you've resolved it, received some compensation but you're not going to post the outcome here but instead are going to tell some other people in Belfast who might not even be involved in the thread how it was resolved.

May I respectfully (genuinely) suggest you reconsider this approach and post the results.
LOL.... respectfully.
Old Oct 4, 08, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cannot agree with that. Just because somebody recounts a negative experience with bmi and seeks advice on a public bulletin board does not mean that the whole world has an entitlement to know the contents or private dealings between the poster and bmi.

Anybody in the world with access to the internet can read posts in this forum. Describing it as a discussion between the poster and his "FT mates" is a misrepresentation of reality. I cannot see anything wrong in the OP not wanting to divulge private information to the world at large.

Even without knowing the detailed outcome, this thread contains valuable information for me. For one thing, I would have assumed that a DC Gold member on a C fare would be pretty safe from downgrading. I have now learnt that this is not the case. I have also learnt that it seems possible to get a positive outcome from CR on this. I do not need to know the precise form and amount of compensation the OP got.

It is a fine balance between being excessively secretive and a dangerous blabbermouth. Transparency is not always a good thing. In fact, I think that some people are sometimes a little careless with the information they put in some posts on FT, and that this can be detrimental to all of us.

In this specific case, I would rather have CR retain a degree of flexibility in awarding compensation rather than having a set inflexible rule, which is what you tend to get when things become public (as Joe will complain that Jack got such, etc...) and usually ends up at the bottom end of the compensation range.

In my view, the OP has behaved in an entirely appropriate manner in and I do not think that it is right to try to pressurise him in divulging information that he does not want (with reason) to divulge.
Old Oct 4, 08, 11:04 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, BA Gold
especially when we are still waiting for clubman to give the response promised
Old Oct 4, 08, 11:57 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickB View Post
I cannot agree with that. Just because somebody recounts a negative experience with bmi and seeks advice on a public bulletin board does not mean that the whole world has an entitlement to know the contents or private dealings between the poster and bmi.
Fine, who is to say who is right. I've offered my view, you yours.

Personally I think it's much simpler. People come here for help and information which is pooled. The main usefulness of FT is the pooled information.

The OP in his post headed RANT asked for access to that collective experience and information. He has an outcome. Having received the support and gloated and teased about the outcome (he didn't need to) he doesn't want to add to it's experience. BMI do not make offers to customers without fully understranding that others may or will get to hear about it.

If he only wants to share the outcome with the people in the pub in Belfast then perhaps that's where he should have sought advice?
Old Oct 4, 08, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
If he only wants to share the outcome with the people in the pub in Belfast then perhaps that's where he should have sought advice?
^
Old Oct 17, 08, 8:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
and he did just that, last night, and we gave him advice as to what we thought of the outcome.

davemcv, it was really good meeting you last night, but as we all told you, a few destination miles and the promise of an extra cheese toastie next time you're on a flight is not good compensation !
Old Oct 18, 08, 1:00 am

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore View Post
...but as we all told you, a few destination miles and the promise of an extra cheese toastie next time you're on a flight is not good compensation !
what a tease

Search this Thread
Search Engine: