Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Select your sept bonus - earn double or triple destination & status miles

Promo: Select your sept bonus - earn double or triple destination & status miles

Old Aug 26, 08, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Select your sept bonus - earn double or triple destination & status miles

Don't know if it is a targeted promo, but the link took me to a page which had my DC number embedded.

Pretty good offer this one-

Dear JJJJS,

As a Diamond Club member you'll already know that we're the UK's most generous frequent flyer programme and we want to make sure your flying experience with bmi is as special and as rewarding as possible.
This month we're offering you some exclusive rewards when you fly with bmi and it couldn't be easier to register and qualify.

Fly one return bmi flight (two one way flights) between 1 - 30 September 2008 to earn double destinations miles and double status miles.

Or

Fly two or more return flights with bmi (four one way flights or more) between
1 - 30 September 2008 to earn triple destinations miles and triple status miles.

Register here for this great offer

You must register your interest by 31 August 2008 to take part in this promotion.

Register here and then when you fly between 1 - 30 September you know that you're on the way to earning these exclusive rewards.

Flying with bmi in business class is even more rewarding.

If you're planning a trip to Tel Aviv, Cairo or Moscow, here are some great reasons to fly business class with bmi. Fly between 1 - 30 September in business class, and not only will you travel in style, you'll be rewarded with 4,000 bonus destinations miles.

When you fly business class on these routes with bmi, you'll enjoy complimentary food and drinks onboard, a 50" seat pitch, in-flight entertainment and priority boarding. And with lots of things to do in these exciting cities, they're more than just a place for business.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Yours sincerely

Jenna Rowley
Diamond Club Manager
Old Aug 26, 08, 6:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
Yes, pretty good one. ^

Am I correct thinking though, that the double/triple miles only apply to bmi operated flights?
Old Aug 26, 08, 6:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo View Post
Fly one return bmi flight (two one way flights) between 1 - 30 September 2008 to earn double destinations miles and double status miles.

Or

Fly two or more return flights with bmi (four one way flights or more) between
1 - 30 September 2008 to earn triple destinations miles and triple status miles.
Nice!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Aug 26, 08 at 6:53 am
Old Aug 26, 08, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The missus (Blue+) got double destination miles or a lounge pass. Nowt for me though so far.
Old Aug 26, 08, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
The missus (Blue+) got double destination miles or a lounge pass. Nowt for me though so far.
Ms Significant-other-half Shabadoo received the same promo this morning and she is BD*S.

May just be the usual 3 day time lag for DC promo e-mails.
Old Aug 26, 08, 7:01 am

I never seem to get the offer of double / triple status miles. They probably know I'd be on the first plane to ORD to make gold
Old Aug 26, 08, 7:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by allanhuk View Post
I never seem to get the offer of double / triple status miles. They probably know I'd be on the first plane to ORD to make gold
Based on current MAN-ORD prices for September, they might be keen on you to do exactly that!
Old Aug 26, 08, 7:14 am

I do not seem to be getting any of the offers either.... I fly approx 2 times a month from EDI - LHR and used to get the offers through every few months but I have not had anything for the past 6 months or so... Might have to fly BA for a couple of months and they might start coming through again?
Old Aug 26, 08, 7:15 am

Programs: OZ*G, HH Gold
I got this too, but being DUB-based, my options are limited. I could do 2x LHR-DUBs at around 150 in economy for a total of 4800 status and dest miles (standard economy 0.5x 800 base miles each way x3 bonus). Else I thought of a DUB-LHR-AMS r/t, which should count as 4 sectors, but the website is rubbish at showing a cost table when connecting flights are involved and it comes in at over 200. I'd like to do it in a single day. Any other (cheap) ideas out of DUB? Does LHR-JER earn 600 base? Problem is the low frequency really.
Old Aug 26, 08, 7:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
(RAPC is sat at his desk at work fighting his fingers back from the keyboard)

Trying to hold back from saying that I haven't had this yet... Also fighting the urge to say that it would be useful for me in September... Similarly I am resisting from commenting on the slowness of the bmi mail server for promo emails...

(Phew, I think the urge has passed now)
Old Aug 26, 08, 7:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Ah. I also join the RAPC club of non-loveness from BMI it seems .

I give it till this evening before RAPC gives in .

As I'm on code shares this month, its not 100% useful to me, but I'm sure someone will be able to use it.

Now how about re-running this promo ... say in December... would make hitting BD*G a lot easier....
Old Aug 26, 08, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Anyone know what the 'lounge' pass actually is... got this offer as well and its well targetted (i.e. I choose not to fly on bmi, tend to train around the UK instead but can choose to fly if I want).

As I have a holiday coming up (BMI code share, booked with bmi) to the US, only going economy... but, for a couple of hours in a nice lounge it might be worth me killing the environment a little more and flying around instead.

Am I right in assuming each pass will give access to the 'diamond club lounge' (flying from Heathrow T1) to someone, no matter their ticket type, as a one-off?
Old Aug 26, 08, 10:39 am

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
Very Nicely timed promo.

Was just about to book 2 * PE Man-LAS in Mid Sept. when both MrsF and self got this one for 2* or 3*

So decided to book LHR-MAN-LAS-MAN-LHR again instead, that way qualifies for 3* in one quick run. (£1188 inc Tax in PE ) (Again £140 cheaper than the MAN-LAS Direct)

Assume this will pay out at

300 (LHR-MAN)
7500 (MAN-LAS) PE
7500 (MAN-LAS) PE
300 (MAN-LHR)

15600 Destination and Status * 3 = 46800 status and destination.

And of course the over 55k Status to Dest bonus!!! (Think that about covers 1 free UK-US C Return in total for each of us.. - so not to shabbly.
Old Aug 26, 08, 11:40 am

I received the e-mail earlier today...

My wife and I are flying MAN-LAS (business class)
on September 9th, but not returning until November.

Will we get any bonus miles whatsoever?

MARK
Old Aug 26, 08, 11:49 am

Programs: BD*G + A3*G
Originally Posted by Paradise Found View Post
I received the e-mail earlier today...

My wife and I are flying MAN-LAS (business class)
on September 9th, but not returning until November.

Will we get any bonus miles whatsoever?

MARK
Sorry but would not have thought so unless you have any other sectors booked in Sept.

The rules state all sectors must credit by 30th Sept, so if your return is in Nov, I would think you will only credit for the 1 sector in Sept. (Pity you can;t fit in a quick MAN-LHR on a cheapie fare to push it over the 2 sectors for double points.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: