Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Select your sept bonus - earn double or triple destination & status miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Select your sept bonus - earn double or triple destination & status miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 5:45 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Can someone confirm my understanding that the double/tripple is miles collected on BMI only.

While it is very clear that the qualifying needs to be done on BMI I can't see a restriction that the double/tripple is for BMI metal only.

Or am I just overlooking something.

Thanks for your advise.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 5:55 am

Programs: QR Plat, TK *Gold, SV Silver, HH Diamond
You are quite right, in that it's not specified. I even checked the T&Cs and there's nothing in there mentioning which miles will be doubled or tripled. If it is any flights, within the period (assuming qualifying by flying the necessary BMI sectors), that would be fantastic! We'll have to wait and see.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
With this double/triple bonus, will this multiply the CoS-bonus as well, or just the base miles (which is I believe how the 35% Gold bonus is calculated)?

Thank you.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Based upon similar promos in the past it will be base miles that the bonus are applicable to. Similarly only flights on BD metal would count.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 6:58 am

Managed to pull off my MR yesterday. My offer is valid till next week, so managed to take yesterday off.

Did a DUB-BRU on EI.

Then BRU-LHR-BRU on BD in J.

Then BRU-LHR in J.

Then LHR-DUB in BABY.

That should net me 1600x3 + 200 = 5000 miles, then 10000 from the bonus. That's 15k status and dest miles; not bad!

Things went well until the LHR-BRU leg, which was delayed by 25 mins. I asked the Lounge Attendant whether it would be the same plane bringing me back from BRU, and so I needn't worry; he said no! So I panicked like hell about what to do; his suggestion, after speaking to reservations, was that they'd put me on the next flight if I did miss it. Thankfully he was wrong and it was the same plane. Great service in J from Clyde and his team both ways . It was a tight changeover, as I had to go back through the scanners, but it only took 10 minutes or so.

It was my first time in J (don't wrinkle your nose!). And it was enjoyable. The seats on the A320 are really nice, and the small touches (esp. the hot towel), really do make a difference. Not sure I'd ever pay the ex-LHR fares for the privilege though!

The BD lounge at BRU isn't great, and the shared toilets are nasty

Now, I'll just wait and see what happens with the bonus.

Last edited by Saracenn; Oct 8, 2008 at 7:07 am
Old Oct 8, 2008, 7:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Saracenn
Things went well until the LHR-BRU leg, which was delayed by 25 mins. I asked the Lounge Attendant whether it would be the same plane bringing me back from BRU, and so I needn't worry; he said no! So I panicked like hell about what to do; his suggestion, after speaking to reservations, was that they'd put me on the next flight if I did miss it. Thankfully he was wrong and it was the same plane. Great service in J from Clyde and his team both ways . It was a tight changeover, as I had to go back through the scanners, but it only took 10 minutes or so.
Unless there is seriously irregular operations, for LHR-BRU its always the same plane on the way back. I've seen a swap once, when the incomer to BRU was > 2 hours late and there were 2 aircraft there at the same time.

It was my first time in J (don't wrinkle your nose!). And it was enjoyable. The seats on the A320 are really nice, and the small touches (esp. the hot towel), really do make a difference. Not sure I'd ever pay the ex-LHR fares for the privilege though!
Its not always like this : you were lucky in having G-MIDO (one of the mid-haul 320's with the 50" pitch leather seats) assigned to the route yesterday.

The BD lounge at BRU isn't great, and the shared toilets are nasty
Careful, some of us spend most of our lives in these.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 8:35 am

Just to clarify, I only got the A320 on my first BRU-LHR (BD146). The other two legs (BD151 and BD152) were both on A319s, which aren't as good. So it seems there were two planes on that route yesterday.

The Jet Airways BRU lounge looks nice from the outside. Might see what I can get into with Priority Pass if I go there again in the future. The toilets really were abysmal.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 9:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
The Jet Airways BRU lounge looks nice from the outside.
Agreed : looks quite funky inside. Jet have a serious presence at BRU now, its not uncommon to see 4 or 5 of their craft lined up wingtip-to-wingtip along the odd gates of the B-pier in the morning (which means the BD141 often has to take a remote stand) : with the sort of investment Jet are making, its not really surprising that tenative venturers (like BD found to their cost) into the Indian market get marmalised.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 5:27 pm
MKB

Last week I received an email from bmi confirming that I had flown sufficient flights to receive triple miles and reiterating the promo terms that they would be credited to my account by 12th October.

It's now the 13th, and I don't have them.

Is everyone else who qualified still waiting too?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 4:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I don't have mine either, and I had the same email as you.

PS: Someone here mentioned expecting status & destination miles. I was only expecting destination miles... status might actually kick start bothering to go for gold (the thought of another 20 weeks of LON-MAN for gold didn't tickle my fancy compared with the nice easy train... shame on me I know!)
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
I got the mail last week and so far no bonus miles either...
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:45 am

What a mess! I had my four flights show up as 0 miles, but the following day, one of the BRU-LHR segments wasn't credited. And now they can't locate the booking on their system. I've PMed Diamond Club, but no change so far. They want the boarding pass sent in (which was OLCI anyway, so not straightforward, I think). What's up with BMI IT? I'm guessing someone saw two credits for the same route on the same day and assumed it was an error.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 6:49 am

Even better, it gets fixed by Joanna (a :-, and shows up right. Next day, the flight credit is gone again. What exactly is the story with BMI IT?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
My miles posted today (text 'September Promotion - Double Destination Miles', even though I was on the triple miles offer), as expected no status miles, just destination miles, but, an extra 21k miles is better than a kick in the teeth.

As expected as well, my bmi flight on UA metal didn't post at all (shame, that would have given me a bonus 15k...)

Strangely the 'date of posting' is actually the 10th of October, so, perhaps it just took a bit of time to come through in the bmi system, or they fudged the dates
Old Oct 16, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Strangely the 'date of posting' is actually the 10th of October, so, perhaps it just took a bit of time to come through in the bmi system, or they fudged the dates
That is very usual - e.g. hotel stays sometimes post months later with the original stay date as the transaction date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.