Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

No destination miles for flying in business class?

No destination miles for flying in business class?

Old Aug 29, 08, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Traveloguy View Post
Exactly...

Considering the OP is based on CPH, calls between the UK and Denmark are extremely cheap and in many cases is costs the same as a domestic call.
This is clearly the case in the UK-->DK direction but is that so too in the opposite direction?
That said, there is still the possibility of skype or other VOIP providers from wherever as others have mentioned.
Old Aug 29, 08, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post
I have both OneTel & Skype and the numerous calls that I made because of being hung up on, taxes not loaded etc etc to actually book 1 redemption totalled almost 14 hours!
I'm getting Skype. I ordered a headset that should come in the mail today.
Old Aug 29, 08, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've not had a problem with BD manually adding miles, and so long as there is the BP and something else (e-ticket itin, receipt), they have always posted within 2 weeks.

I - personally - would write a very clear letter explaining what is wrong and what they need to correct, enclosing copies of all the relevant BP's.
Old Aug 29, 08, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
The weird thing about this is, that all the miles were registered, also the miles that were manually added. Diamond Club registered the miles shortly after I sent in the BP's and ticket, though not the destination miles for business class adjustment.

The problem is in the math. I guess you could call me a maths nerd, but in two of the problems it is just simple math.

I will take the advice and write a snail mail to DC. I'm not too worried about getting this solved when I finally get in touch with someone in DC, but it does seem that BD and DC have made customer service into a Sisyphean challenge.
Old Aug 29, 08, 3:30 pm

Everything will get sorted in the end - it may be another week or two, but having sent in claims for hotel stays, car hire, online shopping in the past they do get credited eventually.

The only difference between bmi and an 'efficient' customer service organisation is that the 'efficient' organisation will divert its resources away from responding to comments or issues and send a letter of acknowledgement...
eg. 'thank you for taking the trouble to contact us, as we value your feedback greatly. We are experincing a high volume of customers contacting us at the moment and advise that a full response will be sent to you within the next 4-6 weeks. We thank you for your patience and your continued loyalty to our company.'

I think I'd rather hear nothing until the email saying 'the miles have been credited to your account.'

But that said I can understand your frustration!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: