Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

UNBELIEVABLE: withdrawal of First class awards, or ANA glitch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 5:55 am
Original Poster

For all my colleagues out there..

As of this AM it seems that using the ANA site... almost ALL SQ first class awards are no GONE for the routing that I take most often for the forseeable future... including LAX-NRT, LAX-SIN, SYD-SIN. MEL-SIN, and SIN-LHR. This is a tremendous change as just last evening there were many single F class seats available for redemption on these exact routes using multiple dates.. SOMETHING for all us to be concerned about!!!!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 6:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Done a few random dates for next year.

LHR-SIN on a 744 - F class available
LAX-SIN on a 744 - F Class available

I didn't look too hard on SYD and MEL but didn't see any F there from a very quick look.

Either the engine was playing tricks when you tried, or your dates are just unavailable. Whatever the reason, there is definitely F availability out there.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 6:07 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
I have been following a number of airlines at 330 days out - there seems to be a complete absence of F for SQ, NH and OZ on a number of routes (and not just SQ routes with 77W or 380)
Old Aug 13, 2008, 6:09 am
Suspended

The ANA tool is not accurate when it comes to O class availability on SQ.

I've just made 4 seperate bookings: on ANA, every flight on SQ was showing full, but I was able to confirm:

1 seat on LAX-NRT
1 seat on SFO-HKG
1 seat on SYD-SIN
1 seat on FRA-SIN

...these were all on 4 seperate dates withint the next 5 months.

No cause for panic
Old Aug 13, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA Gold
And at least if the ANA site is saying "no availability", then it is not DC-specific like the LH Miles+Cash prohibition. Must just be a glitch...
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:19 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Mr H
I have been following a number of airlines at 330 days out - there seems to be a complete absence of F for SQ, NH and OZ on a number of routes (and not just SQ routes with 77W or 380)
If you are checking exactly 330 days out remember that airlines do not release seats exactly 330 days ahead.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If you are checking exactly 330 days out remember that airlines do not release seats exactly 330 days ahead.
Interesting time for this topic, considering over on the AC board one of the res agents just mentioned they get SQ inventory loaded 350 days out give or take. It depends on the airline, I guess.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 1:11 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
How far in advance can we book?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Mr H
How far in advance can we book?
As soon as the airline releases inventory. But then you have to persuade the DC agent to bother to look. I have booked both BD and LH awards far beyond 330 days, despite initial resistance.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
I got my latest 2xF awards on SQ booked at 337 days out by ringing the ICC - no problems at all getting the bookings confirmed and ticketed immediately.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:09 am

First ClassAvailability on ANA tool on UNITED PS from New York to Lax / SFO vanished!

Relatively new to this board but already picked up many great hints. In the past there has always been a lot of availability both well in advance and closer to departure in first class from and to Lax and Sfo from JFK on United's great PS service (the odd business class service usually also being availabilite).
However now on ANA all first class and business class availability on these services have disappeared as far as I can see (and I've had a good check) and there's just the odd economy seat.
Do people think that United have removed premium class inventory on this service from other Star Alliance members?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Interesting time for this topic, considering over on the AC board one of the res agents just mentioned they get SQ inventory loaded 350 days out give or take. It depends on the airline, I guess.
Yes it does, and visibility also depends on which GDS you are using. Eg AAdvantage members (AA booking engine) can only view out to 330 days whereas QFF members (QF booking engine) does 355 days.

But even where the number of days in advance inventory is loaded is known, there can be variation of a few days, and award inventory is sometimes done a few days after paid inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.