Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hotel Bookings through bmi-hotel website (Expedia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hotel Bookings through bmi-hotel website (Expedia)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
OK, Im slightly confused about all the milage oppertunities, is this right;

Book on flybmi.com/shopping and I'd get;
5 miles/pound for the stay itself
Miles for staying with Hilton (plus some points for HH - not bothered about this at the minute)
1000 bonus miles for staying with a DC partner

Book on bmiPedia and get;
500/750/1000 miles for booking though bmiPedia
1000 miles for staying at a DC partner.

Is this right???

Brian.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
OK, Im slightly confused about all the milage oppertunities, is this right;

Book on flybmi.com/shopping and I'd get;

5 miles/pound for the stay itself
Miles for staying with Hilton (plus some points for HH - not bothered about this at the minute)
1000 bonus miles for staying with a DC partner

Book on bmiPedia and get;
500/750/1000 miles for booking though bmiPedia
1000 miles for staying at a DC partner.

Is this right???

Brian.
Hi Brian,

You're right.

Hiltons tend to be 4* in the UK so you get 750 miles per night to max 3k total via. BMIpedia. You also get 1,000 miles per night for booking a BMI Partner Hotel upto a max of 3k.

Online shopping is 5 miles per £1 (unlimited, I think), plus the 1,000 per night for booking a BMI Partner Hotel upto a max of 3k.

So, if you don't care for HHonors points and tier qualification, if the rate is less than £150 per night you are better off booking via. BMIpedia. If the rate is over £150 per night or you are spending over £600 for the total stay, you are better booking via. the online portal.

OttoMH (~85k miles from BMIpedia )
Old Jan 23, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
You cannot earn the 1000 miles a night (max 3000 per stay) if you're not a HHonors member. You have to set the 'Double Dip' in your HHonors account set to 'HHonors Points and Fixed Miles'

There is no maximum on the per night miles you earn for booking via bmipedia. You can earn as many 750 miles a night for a four star hotel as you like, be it one, three, ten or...........
Old Jan 24, 2009, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
You cannot earn the 1000 miles a night (max 3000 per stay) if you're not a HHonors member. You have to set the 'Double Dip' in your HHonors account set to 'HHonors Points and Fixed Miles'r
So, do you think you can still collect the double dip as the answer in the Hilton FAQ changed to:

Stays that are booked via third party websites are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status.

(i.e. no mention of airline partner websites)

While before it was:

Stays that are booked via third party websites other than the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by OttoMH
Hi Brian,

You're right.

Hiltons tend to be 4* in the UK so you get 750 miles per night to max 3k total via. BMIpedia. You also get 1,000 miles per night for booking a BMI Partner Hotel ...
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
You cannot earn the 1000 miles a night (max 3000 per stay) if you're not a HHonors member. You have to set the 'Double Dip' in your HHonors account set to 'HHonors Points and Fixed Miles'

I am very confused by this -which is correct?? On the BMIpedia website, when you click on 'partner hotel more information' it says...

As a member of bmi’s frequent flyer scheme, diamond club, you can earn extra destinations miles by choosing to stay with a diamond club partner hotel. And if you book your diamond club partner hotel online at flybmi.com you can earn up to double the number of miles.

You’ll find diamond club partner hotels highlighted with diamond club partner hotel

To receive miles with these hotels simply quote your diamond club number when booking online or present your diamond club card at the hotel of your choice.

There is no reference to having to have a HHonors membership to get the bonus 1000miles for staying in a partner (Hilton) hotel, so how I understood it, was that I'd get 750/1000miles for booking through BMIpedia + the bonus 1000 miles for booking a partner hotel, but what you are saying is that you only get the 1000 bonus miles if you have a HHonors membership?? If this is the case, it's very misleading from BMI. And what about the other partner hotels - Radisson, Grange, Jury Doyles etc?

Last edited by mel.b; Jan 24, 2009 at 7:47 am
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I think what is causing confusion is that there are several separate awards going on on the same stay - as I see it

bmiPedia - they give 500/750/1000 miles for booking with them.
flybmi/shopping - they give 5 miles/£ for booking with them.
bmi/DC - they give 1000 bonus miles for booking a DC partner hotel
Hilton HHonors - they award 1000 miles/night as part of the "double dipping" earning opportunity with the HHonors programe.

Technically if you book through bmiPedia you are not entitled to the HHonors benifits, or 1000 miles, but you might still get the DC 1000 miles depending on the T&C's.

hope this is right...its all a bit confounding, tbh!

Brian.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
The 1000 miles a night bmi partner bonus referred to for bmipedia bookings is just a badly worded reference to the standard earnings for DC. The 1000 miles a night bonus comes from the hotel chain, not bmipedia.

While supplying most of these partners with your DC number gets you the miles, it doesn't matter how you book a Hilton, you will not get them without being a HHonors member too.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:36 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I am with FlyingOnceMore on this - I'm pretty sure he's spot on.

I do Hilton nights all over the place and I've seen nothing to suggest any other analysis.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Express
Exclamation Hilton refuses to credit bmi bookings !!!

Originally Posted by FlyingYan
So, do you think you can still collect the double dip as the answer in the Hilton FAQ changed to:

Stays that are booked via third party websites are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status.

(i.e. no mention of airline partner websites)

While before it was:

Stays that are booked via third party websites other than the websites of Hilton HHonors airline partners are not Eligible Stays irrespective of rate paid, for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status.

Does anyone have a print with the old T&Cs?

Believe it or not - Hilton refuses to credit a 60 night stay which was booked on www.bmi.co.uk to my account!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:15 am
Suspended

I can confirm that Hilton do NOT give points for bookings which are made on www.bmi.co.uk

Please have a look at the mail below:

To:[email protected]

Dear Mr. Nissan Motor,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your stay at the Hilton xxx from March xx to March xx, 2009.

We are unable to process this request as the room rate paid indicates a(n) (enter the type of rate) which is ineligible for HHonors points, miles and stay credit. For a complete list of all ineligible rates for the HHonors program please visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for more information.

*** (The below paragraph should only be added if there have been no OTE’s or points added to the account for this reason) ***

However, because of your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels we have credited (enter number of points) to your account. Unfortunately, we are unable to credit this stay towards your V.I.P. earning status.

Should you have any further questions regarding your Hilton HHonors account please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care at 1-800-548-8690. Any Hilton Customer Care Representative will be happy to assist you. You may also visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for additional details regarding the Hilton HHonors program.

Thank you for your continued support of the Hilton HHonors program. We look forward to welcoming you to a Hilton Family hotel in the future.

Best regards,
Nancy Banks
HHonors Customer Service Center:
P.O. Box 9003
Addison, TX 75001
Fax: (972) 788-1818

What the h*** is this?

I was earlier confirmed by both bmi and Hilton that nights booked on www.bmi.co.uk DO qualify!?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:06 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Let's just remember that the HH T&Cs used to contain a line about only bookings made on a Hiton website or an airline partner website would qualify, but this was later amended to exclude any reference to airline partner websites.

It is now safe to conclude that booking via flybmi.com's Expedia portal should get you nothing, while using bmi's shopping portal to access Hilton.co.uk will earn you shopping miles as well as anything HH sees fit to give you.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:53 am
Suspended

Wow! That is awful bad news for me! I have about ten open bmi bookings
Old Apr 11, 2009, 5:13 am

Programs: BD*G,M&M
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
It is now safe to conclude that booking via flybmi.com's Expedia portal should get you nothing, while using bmi's shopping portal to access Hilton.co.uk will earn you shopping miles as well as anything HH sees fit to give you.
I did two bookings with flybmi's expedia. I got the miles for the 4-star hotel booking for both stays and the hilton miles for one of the stays (and also the hhonors points). The Hotel was the same. Strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.