Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Paid Upgrade to award flight - Should I get Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club

Hi

On my flight from LAS to MAN last week with an award seat in Economy I decided to pay to upgrade to Premium Economy. Should I get any miles for this and if so will I have to claim them manually? The upgrade process did seem to involve several paper forms and I wonder if these take time to process on to the system.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 2:50 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
No.

You get miles based on the original fare class - and as your economy ticket was from award inventory, that is, as they say, that.

Similarly, had you paid real money for the original Y ticket, and then paid for a gate upgrade, you'd receive the Y miles.

Mistakes are known to happen occasionally, especially on UA, but don't hold your breath.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:20 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Out of interest, how much was the Y to PE upgrade on LAS-MAN?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club
US$500

Thanks for the info
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by Learner99
Hi

On my flight from LAS to MAN last week with an award seat in Economy I decided to pay to upgrade to Premium Economy. Should I get any miles for this and if so will I have to claim them manually? The upgrade process did seem to involve several paper forms and I wonder if these take time to process on to the system.
Are you a gold card holder?

If so, you should have got a comp upgrade to PE as it was an award seat and it says in the Gold benefits:
Originally Posted by bmi
upgrades on bmi award flights to the business cabin (or premium economy cabin on our longhaul services) for you and a companion***

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.