Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

70 minute connection time not long enough at Frankfurt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2008, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL/BMI/BA

I Called up the ICC after checking the ANA tool to book a trip which included the following:

LAX-FRA LH F class DEP 14.45-ARR 10.25+1
FRA-MAN LH C class DEP 11.35-ARR 12.15

The agent insisted that 70 mins is insufficient connection time in Frankfurt as "even if your flight is only 10 or 20 mins late then you will not have enough time and will have a problem".

We are therefore booked on the later flight to MAN with a departure time of 16.35-over 6 hours to kill in Frankfurt.

Is he correct-or should I call back and complain. And will they expect me to pay the £20 fee to change the booking-the reservation is booked but not yet ticketed.

Any thoughts anyone
Old May 18, 2008, 5:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think LH->LH MCT (minimum connection time) at FRA is 75 minutes.
Old May 18, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I believe you're right Kiwi, officially it's supposed to be 75 mins, although LH.com will sell me a ticket with less, though never less than 65 mins.
Old May 18, 2008, 10:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by simon stingray
We are therefore booked on the later flight to MAN with a departure time of 16.35-over 6 hours to kill in Frankfurt.
... 6 hours in the FCT with personal transfer to the MAN flight...

Might just be worth it!
Old May 19, 2008, 2:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by aidanc
... 6 hours in the FCT with personal transfer to the MAN flight...

Might just be worth it!
Not for in-bound F these days. FCL only, although some have managed to make it in since the rule change. Certainly no personal transfer though
Old May 19, 2008, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, PC AMB, Hyat Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RAPC
Not for in-bound F these days. FCL only, although some have managed to make it in since the rule change. Certainly no personal transfer though

Thought from the posts over at M&M, that their LH lurker had confimred inbound LH F transferring onto LH C was okay for the FCT
Old May 19, 2008, 3:24 am

I'd suggest calling them back, Lufthansa's web site offer that flight connection for sale.

It's a fair point to argue that if you can get a revenue ticket then you should be treated the same on an award ticket.
Old May 19, 2008, 4:09 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
If you are inbound on F and you have a tight connection, I thought that they sent a car/van to the plane to meet you and transfer you straight to your outbound At least that's how I read it on LH's website a while back.
Old May 19, 2008, 4:37 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
I've just booked EWR-FRA(F) & FRA-MAN (C), 70 min connection time in FRA......
She did say so you've got 75 mins so you are OK but we land at 07.05 and the MAN flight goes at 08.15, naturally I did not question her

I wouln't fancy 6 hours in the FCT or FCL on the way home, on my way back I just want to get home!
Old May 19, 2008, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by surturminn
Thought from the posts over at M&M, that their LH lurker had confimred inbound LH F transferring onto LH C was okay for the FCT
My apologies if I haven't kept up as well as I should with that thread and have passed on old info. Was it a recent post from LH Lurker? That certainly wasn't the policy a couple of months ago. In my case coming in from international F connecting to European C there was no being met off the plane (either a car or a person) and then at the FCT access was denied and we were told to go to a FCL.

Like I say, hopefully others can get to the FCT on in-bound F, but certainly quite a few over the winter at least were denied.
Old May 19, 2008, 4:51 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
I believe you're right Kiwi, officially it's supposed to be 75 mins, although LH.com will sell me a ticket with less, though never less than 65 mins.
FRA airport minimum connection is 75 mins, but LH will sell tickets for less than that.

As it isnt LH selling the ticket, (even though it is a LH>LH connection) i believe they have to abide by the airports minimum standards.
Old May 19, 2008, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by RAPC
In my case coming in from international F connecting to European C there was no being met off the plane (either a car or a person) and then at the FCT access was denied and we were told to go to a FCL.

Like I say, hopefully others can get to the FCT on in-bound F, but certainly quite a few over the winter at least were denied.
The LH Forum FAQ refers to posts confirming no FCT on inbound with last sector in C, and I've seen recent posts in other threads confirming it.

We should remember HON Circle M&M members are immune to this, so maybe that's where the confusion lies. They always have FCT access.
Old May 19, 2008, 7:02 am

The LH Forum FAQ refers to posts confirming no FCT on inbound with last sector in C, and I've seen recent posts in other threads confirming it.

We should remember HON Circle M&M members are immune to this, so maybe that's where the confusion lies. They always have FCT access.
That completely backs up what I thought was true. Not sure on the post that surturminn mentioned, but I didn't find it with a scan through the lounge access thread.
Old May 19, 2008, 7:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that someone around these parts got into the FCT inbound F->C recently.
Old May 19, 2008, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that someone around these parts got into the FCT inbound F->C recently.
That was no doubt an act of pity after your 'incident' packed adventure 'enjoying' the first class United product. Consider it natural justice more than anything else for the suffering preceeding it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.