Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which zone is Mongolia in?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Which zone is Mongolia in?

I am guessing zone 8, but it is not listed as an option on the BMI site. With Air China in *A, I am looking into a HKG - Mongolia award with a stop in PEK. I am hoping this would only be an intra-zone 8 award.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

p.a. also why is it impossible to search for intra-China awards on the ANA tool? Does anyone have a workaround?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:06 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
My map says Zone 8.

It might be that they've just not included it in the latest website update.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:22 am

map?

is this a map that can be seen online somewhere? if there's a link, please post.

thanks,

NewK2
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:55 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I thought someone might ask that...
It's actually a map I made myself...or at least, a map I got off the internet and then added the zones to it myself. I find quite useful when working out redemptions, especially when playing with multiple stopovers or countries that aren't specifically mentioned in the DC literature.

I've got an electronic version somewhere but it probably does infringe copyright in someway.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbfield
I thought someone might ask that...
It's actually a map I made myself...or at least, a map I got off the internet and then added the zones to it myself. I find quite useful when working out redemptions, especially when playing with multiple stopovers or countries that aren't specifically mentioned in the DC literature.

I've got an electronic version somewhere but it probably does infringe copyright in someway.
I would also like to see the map if you are willing to share. As an experienced cartographer, I'd also be happy to help update it if ever needed.

As for Mongolia, there doesn't ever seem to be any award availability so the issue is now moot for me anyways. Would have been nice to visit though.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:13 am

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by martian
I would also like to see the map if you are willing to share. As an experienced cartographer, I'd also be happy to help update it if ever needed.

As for Mongolia, there doesn't ever seem to be any award availability so the issue is now moot for me anyways. Would have been nice to visit though.
I think SQ flies once a week or so to Ulan Bator...maybe play around with the dates?
Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:52 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by cstead
I think SQ flies once a week or so to Ulan Bator...maybe play around with the dates?
Nah, it's Air China to PEK daily.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:28 pm

If you have miles on Korean Air or one of their partners, that would be the easiest way to go because they allow one way tickets. You can do an OW ticket from Korea to UB (or reverse) for only 15K miles.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:09 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by kayexalate
If you have miles on Korean Air or one of their partners, that would be the easiest way to go because they allow one way tickets. You can do an OW ticket from Korea to UB (or reverse) for only 15K miles.
I think Flying Blue is the only Skyteam FFP that allows one-way awards, and even then it's only possible on AF, KL, NW and UX flights - *not* on KE (ICN-ULN) or SU (SVO-ULN)

Last edited by apoivre; Apr 10, 2008 at 5:33 pm
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:44 pm

Programs: M&M
Flying Blue is not the only ST FFP that allows one-way redemption.
KE's Skypass also allows one-way awards on KE operated-flights.

Originally Posted by apoivre
I think Flying Blue is the only Skyteam FFP that allows one-way awards, and even then it's only possible on AF, KL, NW and UX flights - *not* on KE (ICN-ULN) or SU (SVO-ULN)
Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by apoivre
You are incorrect. You CAN fly one way awards on KE. it says so on their website, and I did this exact route (ICN-ULN) ONE WAY last year.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by kayexalate
You are incorrect. You CAN fly one way awards on KE. it says so on their website, and I did this exact route (ICN-ULN) ONE WAY last year.
But of course I was incorrect before flytofly showed me the error of my ways (see their contribution directly above yours). But if you don't think I'm properly chastised, feel free to make a couple more posts on one-way awards on KE in this thread. Go ahead, if it makes you feel better and pads your postcount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.