Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How long does a Missing Mileage Request take to credit?

Old Feb 23, 08, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

I sent the paperwork via US Post to the address DC provides on the website (PO Box 5050, Annesley, Nottingham). I sent the documents ~30 days ago, so even given the super slow US Post, this should have arrived at least a week ago. I have yet to see the miles post, and am getting just a little bit nervous. What sort of expectations should I be having for getting the miles posted? Wait another few weeks before inquiring? Start freaking out now?

Also, what are everyone's experience with getting the 25% elite bonus retroactively added? The flights that I sent in include an SFO-SYD C segment, so the extra ~3500 or so that I would get from that seg alone would be huge.
Old Feb 23, 08, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
There are many threads here asking that question.

In short, it depends on how much backlog there is (we're talking minimal manpower, or is it single woman power ?), who the carrier was, whether it can be checked online, or has to be submitted for verification.......

While flights will be posted to reflect the day they occured, the elite bonus is calculated at the end of the actual month they were processed.

and, the 25% bous is on base miles, class of service has no bearing, so your approx 3500 for an SFO-SYD will be more like 1850.
Old Feb 23, 08, 2:27 am

time

i've done this twice. Once approximately 4 weeks ago and they post a few days back. I sent the boarding pass by standard mail, 2nd class. The first time, it also took a similar amount of time - about 4 weeks, i sent that by recorded mail, signed for just in case.

I think they will post, but expect a 4 week processing period (no more, no less) from what i've seen. Now if ur posting from the states, expect 6 weeks just in case.
Old Feb 26, 08, 2:54 pm
Suspended

No executive bonus miles received

I am a BMI gold member and had the following flights:

Basel Airport Switzerland - Manchester UK
economy (50 %)
300 miles

Manchester UK - Las Vegas
business (100 %)
10,174 miles
  • Am I wrong or are there some bonus miles (i.e. 25 %) missing?
  • How can I claim the bonus miles?
Old Feb 26, 08, 3:30 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by Didi View Post
I am a BMI gold member and had the following flights:

Basel Airport Switzerland - Manchester UK
economy (50 %)
300 miles

Manchester UK - Las Vegas
business (100 %)
10,174 miles
  • Am I wrong or are there some bonus miles (i.e. 25 %) missing?
  • How can I claim the bonus miles?
You just wait and bonus miles are credited at the end of the month/start of the next one.
Old Mar 1, 08, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by kawoh View Post
i've done this twice. Once approximately 4 weeks ago and they post a few days back. I sent the boarding pass by standard mail, 2nd class. The first time, it also took a similar amount of time - about 4 weeks, i sent that by recorded mail, signed for just in case.

I think they will post, but expect a 4 week processing period (no more, no less) from what i've seen. Now if ur posting from the states, expect 6 weeks just in case.
Miles from flights seem to be credited. But hotel stays are another thing. I have sent in my hotel invoices for stays dated from July last year in December and I am still waiting for them to be posted.
Old Mar 1, 08, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Miles from flights seem to be credited. But hotel stays are another thing. I have sent in my hotel invoices for stays dated from July last year in December and I am still waiting for them to be posted.
Any experiences with filling out the online Hertz missing miles?

I filled one out about 5 weeks ago, and still nothing
Old Mar 2, 08, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA, PC, HH
I had a Hertz not credit automatically (but they never do from Oz). Filled in the Claim form after around 2 weeks. Waited 2 weeks, still no sign. Pm'd diamond club and it was sorted within the following week or so.
Old Mar 2, 08, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
What is the number to fax copies of the boarding passes when that is all that is left?
Old Mar 3, 08, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Mr_Bigglesworth View Post
I had a Hertz not credit automatically (but they never do from Oz). Filled in the Claim form after around 2 weeks. Waited 2 weeks, still no sign. Pm'd diamond club and it was sorted within the following week or so.

Hmm.... think I may have to do the same.
Old Mar 3, 08, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mr_Bigglesworth View Post
Thanks! me thinks I gonna have to do the same...
My rental was in Oz as well.
Old Mar 4, 08, 1:19 am

Hotels

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
I've only credit two types of hotel stays on my bmi a/c, hilton and radisson sas. Hilton quite consistently.

In the case of Hilton, I find, it is credited around the second week of the subsequent month that you stayed, ie stay on 7 Jan, miles will post by around 14 Feb. Radisson SAS i believe is about the same (at least not any longer).

In the case of Hilton, you will see them applied in your hhonors account, if they aren't, I would get onto hilton, once they appear there, it seems the batch file must be sent across to bmi and post at per above...

which hotel is it that's causing the prob? I found Thistle was a real pain - i stayed back in 06 there, sent in 4 requests to the thistle and they didn't credit (not bmi, but American Airlines [AA]), this was just ahead of them leaving the AA program as a partner.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: