Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

New targeted promos: flying bmi is now even more rewarding

New targeted promos: flying bmi is now even more rewarding

Old Jan 17, 2008, 3:19 pm

12 for £75 here
Old Jan 17, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Nothing received in this household, two accounts, nor by several other DC members, of various colours, I know.

I'm beginning to think that receipt of any bmi promo these days is nothing but random chance, i.e no logic behind who gets what, if at all.

as for this one, as others have said, it's pathetic, and am glad I didn't have to waste my energy hitting the delete button.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:46 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Dear Club_IC

It pays to fly more frequently with bmi

The UK’s most generous frequent flyer programme just got even more rewarding.

That’s because on top of the miles you normally receive as a diamond club member, you can earn a €70 voucher to spend on bmi flights.

Earn an extra €70 to spend on bmi flights

All you have to do is fly at least six flights between 28 January and 6 April 2008 with bmi and we’ll give you a €70 flight voucher to spend on any bmi flight you book and take between 14 April and 22 June 2008.

We have some great destinations for you to spend your €70 flight voucher on which include:

Brussels to London Heathrow €66*
Amsterdam to London Heathrow €62*
Hanover to London Heathrow €50*
Palma to London Heathrow €72*

The more you fly, the more you earn

Flying with bmi has never been more rewarding. To earn €70 off a future bmi flight simply register here today.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Yours sincerely

Keeley Downing
diamond club manager

p.s Don’t miss out! Hurry and book your first flights today, as this offer must end on 6 April 2008.

*Return flight prices stated are per person and are correct at time of email send date. Prices quoted are return flights and do not include any taxes or charges.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: Continental OP - Plat, Virgin Atl - FC Gold, BMI DC - Gold, Marriott - Plat, EuroStar Cart Blanche
This is another pile of .... promotion from an airline going into rapid decline. I must surely be one of BMI's most valued customers having taken some 60 journeys or so last year at predominantly full flex or PE classes (1600 status points or whatever they are called when I look online) for BRU and AMS and assorted travel. Anyway, I was in BRU Tuesday afternoon and wished to catch an earlier flight than scheduled having flown from LAX the day before through LHR. Despite having a £396.20 ticket and having already paid a £60 change fee on the outgoing leg, the non compus ticket desk at BRU said that although the 1730 was not full I would be required to pay another €95 in fair difference to catch that flight, leaving me stranded in BRU until the 2000 which was in turn late. So much for been a gold card holder. BA and Virgin .... over BD these days. I have earned 30,000 status miles since December 23 and this is how you get treated?? I can't wait for another carrier to acquire BMI and put a proper level of service in place for their supposed valued customers.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 7:51 am

Programs: Continental OP - Plat, Virgin Atl - FC Gold, BMI DC - Gold, Marriott - Plat, EuroStar Cart Blanche
And...may I add the Star Alliance redemption programme is a joke as well. I have tried to book flights on as many as 12 occassions to desirable destinations through the 'dedicated booking line' (god forbid they could make the technological advancement required to do this on the internet as so many other airlines do) and not yet succeeded. The status match for BA card holders is .... as well. I have been an exceedingly loyal and lucrative customer to get to 'Gold' on BMI, when I could have just faxed my BA Exec card over and not wasted my time and money.

What on earth will I use my £100 for after I've racked up my 12 or 16 flights or whatever that waste of 15 seconds of my life it took to read was?
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:22 am
Original Poster

I sympathise with your experience in BRU, having on a number of occasions had the same experience myself. It's a consequence of BD maintaining the integrity of their flexible fare structure - if we want the flexibility, we have to pay. I don't like it but have to live with it if I want to take advantage of lower priced fares.

Originally Posted by plane_sailing
And...may I add the Star Alliance redemption programme is a joke as well.
This though is where it starts to get silly. In my opinion, BD has one of the best FF schemes around. The flexibility to do one-ways, miles + cash and use the ANA tool to assess availability, make the BD scheme excellent in my opinion. Having made a number of long haul redemptions, on premium routes, I've never failed to get what I wanted. I agree that the booking line is poor and you have to hold their hand and take them step by step through the process. However, this is, in my opinion, a small price to pay for a very flexible scheme.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I was on the BD152 (17:40) on Tuesday out of BRU and indeed it was less than half full, though if its any consolation to you, this one was rather late into LHR too.

Weclome to the board, and if you do have a little time to have a look around, you'll see many many examples of DC members making most-excellent redemptions to some very desirable destinations.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Nothing received in this household, two accounts, nor by several other DC members, of various colours, I know.

I'm beginning to think that receipt of any bmi promo these days is nothing but random chance, i.e no logic behind who gets what, if at all.

as for this one, as others have said, it's pathetic, and am glad I didn't have to waste my energy hitting the delete button.
Useless to me, too (I got 14 flights for £80 or somesuch).

Actually I think this offer will be useful to a few of us. I'm thinking of those like LiviLion who fly at least twice a week ie eight times a month. But whether such customers have actually received the offer is another matter
Old Jan 18, 2008, 9:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL/CCR,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Starwood Titanium, Delta Gold, United
I got 6 for £50 quid.

Airways45
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Actually I think this offer will be useful to a few of us. I'm thinking of those like LiviLion who fly at least twice a week ie eight times a month. But whether such customers have actually received the offer is another matter

Why does this cynic feel sure that'll be a negatory !

I immediately looked at the higher requirement offers, like yours, 14 for £80, or as others have posted, 16 for £100 as a free shorthaul for x returns.

I know you can use the voucher as part payment for any flight (as many low £ offers will have to) but stay with me.

In this case, give or take a few quid, I see, fly 7 or 8 returns, get one free.

I would assume part of the what any airline promo is about is to get the punter to fly us more for a reward. Not, in any way, would this one tempt me to push the boat out to fly bmi more if I didn't make it with normal flying

Then there's the fact that it's vouchers, so you can't book online, and we all know what that means.......
Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
I got 8 for £50. That's a rebate of £6.25/flight. I'm also not impressed.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Blue
I got bugger all....I must fly too regularly with bmi for them to try to tempt me to fly some more!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 5:37 pm

Programs: BD*G, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold
I agree...I don't think offering 10% back in the form of a voucher is going to tempt anyone into making a few extra flights to get it. The only people who can take advantage are probably golds, and even then, only the ones who do frequent trips (as opposed to ones who do mostly long haul in PE, for example). Now when they say "flights" do they mean flights, or segments (i.e. what is a one-way flight on this?)
Old Feb 8, 2008, 7:06 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
I got a 6 for £50 reminder today. Can't recall if I got the original as if I did it didn't make any impression. Registered anyway as have booked a flight for the 4,500 miles promo so we'll see what happens. Agree it's not particularly overwhelming but may prove to be something for nothing.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 1:53 pm

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club
bump - There's still time to earn your reward from bmi

Just reread this email I ignored first time round after comments posted here .....
Originally Posted by bmi diamond club
Dear Mr RowH

You still have time to earn an extra £75 to spend on bmi flights.

... So far in the qualifying period you have completed 6 flights, up until 27 February.... Remember, if you take at least 12 flights between 28 January and 6 April 2008 with bmi we'll give you a £75 flight voucher to spend on any bmi flight...
As far as I know I never received the original email. I seem to have been left off the last 4-5 months' mailing list for every promo. But now I am getting a flood of emails (like the 2500 questionnaire). BMI seem to have fixed their mailing list^

Originally Posted by Corpt
It pays to fly more frequently with bmi

Terms and conditions:.... To qualify you must have [xx] qualifying bmi flights registered on your diamond club account between 28 January 2008 and 6 April 2008. Your flight must be booked on flybmi.com and you will need to ensure that you sign in to your "myflybmi" profile before you book. ...
So, I didn't register for this promo. My company TA books all flights. I've only booked 2 last-minute returns this year on flybmi (both after the date in the email). I have my 12th flight in the qualifying period this week - booked again by the company TA.

Has anyone got or qualified for the voucher yet? And are non-flybmi bookings really excluded?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.