FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Future of LBA-LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/764953-future-lba-lhr.html)

flysas Dec 6, 2007 8:23 am

Future of LBA-LHR

anyone know if the rumours of the flights been stopped between LBA and LHR are true?

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...n_air_link.php

what would happen to ticketed passengers if the flights are cancelled?

spanishflea Dec 6, 2007 8:45 am

The rumours have been doing the rounds for many years for the simple reason that LBA (and MME) have got to be the most vulnerable LHR destinations, period.

It really is only a matter of time before LBA especally goes.

Boddingtons Dec 6, 2007 10:05 am

Yeah, Leeds scum! MAN/MEN rules :p

Taxi for Boddingotns..........metre fare only ;)

spanishflea Dec 6, 2007 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Boddingtons (Post 8848652)
Yeah, Leeds scum! MAN/MEN rules :p

Yes, you just come here and start shouting that out at the top of your voice after one two many cans of Tetleys... :p

Corpt Dec 6, 2007 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Boddingtons (Post 8848652)

Looks like too much Boddingotns (sic) already early in the day:rolleyes: What's a metre fare?:confused::D:D (meter?)

RAPC Dec 6, 2007 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Corpt (Post 8849396)
What's a metre fare?:confused::D:D (meter?)

A very short ride...

Kevincm Dec 6, 2007 1:05 pm

Those manucian cabs work in yards n miles :D

(and they'll still ding you the minimum fare!)

graraps Dec 6, 2007 1:13 pm

I've always wondered about these flights. The train's 2.5 hours and gets you city centre to city centre, not from a godforsaken field in the middle of nowhere to a shopping mall far enough from the centre for the train fare to be higher than the cheapest ticket on the Leeds-London train!
Of course you can connect at LHR- but who would want to do that when you can fly via AMS to dozens if not hundreds of extra destinations?

flysas Dec 6, 2007 2:34 pm

still interested to know wat they would do to ticketed pax if they pull the route. am ticketed LBA-LHR-FRA-MCO in business class

UncleDude Dec 6, 2007 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by flysas (Post 8850517)
still interested to know wat they would do to ticketed pax if they pull the route. am ticketed LBA-LHR-FRA-MCO in business class

Change you to the

MAN-LHR-FRA-MCO..but hurry before the MAN-LHR also goes, but why risk flying via LHR when you could have gone MAN-FRA-MCO..the slightest weather problems and MAN-LHR are the first to be delayed or cancelled.

flysas Dec 7, 2007 2:37 pm

if they shift me to manchester are they liable for the transport cost to manchester?

spanishflea Dec 7, 2007 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by flysas (Post 8857036)
if they shift me to manchester are they liable for the transport cost to manchester?

Nope... :(

Corpt Dec 7, 2007 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by spanishflea (Post 8857184)
Nope... :(

But they will offer a refund instead!;):rolleyes:

Leedsflyer Dec 7, 2007 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by graraps (Post 8849929)
I've always wondered about these flights. The train's 2.5 hours and gets you city centre to city centre, not from a godforsaken field in the middle of nowhere to a shopping mall far enough from the centre for the train fare to be higher than the cheapest ticket on the Leeds-London train!
Of course you can connect at LHR- but who would want to do that when you can fly via AMS to dozens if not hundreds of extra destinations?

Main problem is lack of connections between LBA and AMS -- once upon a time there were 6 F50 connections a day. Now just 3 flights a day, and from most European cities one can leave later and still get back to LBA the same day if going via LHR. But there are more onward connections from AMS. Of course if you live close to the "godforsaken field", then lba is actually quite convenient compared to battling ones way through to Leeds railway station.

flysas Dec 12, 2007 4:53 pm

say if BMI do decide to pull off the route, how much notice will they give, will it be a in 6 months time thing or will it be overnight?