FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   "buy miles for you" - not working? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/752104-buy-miles-you-not-working.html)

LE2 Oct 31, 2007 12:40 pm

"buy miles for you" - not working?

I've tried about 5 times today to purchase bmi miles.

I complete all the pages and click the final page to buy (and charge my credit card) and get the following message:

"Unable to Proceed

Sorry, we are experiencing temporary technical problems and cannot accept payment or credit miles to accounts at this time. Please try again later. "

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Traveloguy Oct 31, 2007 12:48 pm

Where on the bmi website is the "buy miles for you" option? Never heard that you could buy BD miles before.

AJLondon Oct 31, 2007 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Traveloguy (Post 8653389)
Where on the bmi website is the "buy miles for you" option? Never heard that you could buy BD miles before.

Option was only introduced a day or so ago! Shame on you for not keeping up! :p ;)

IIRC £12 per 1000 miles for a max of 20k miles per year. Check out the "new options" thread which is a couple of threads below this.

Traveloguy Oct 31, 2007 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon (Post 8653842)
Option was only introduced a day or so ago! Shame on you for not keeping up! :p ;)

IIRC £12 per 1000 miles for a max of 20k miles per year. Check out the "new options" thread which is a couple of threads below this.

Some of us work you know! :p

AJLondon Oct 31, 2007 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Traveloguy (Post 8654028)
Some of us work you know! :p

Or atleast pretend to! :p

Oxon Flyer Nov 1, 2007 2:35 am

Originally Posted by LE2 (Post 8653334)
Unable to Proceed

Sorry, we are experiencing temporary technical problems and cannot accept payment or credit miles to accounts at this time. Please try again later. "

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I've added this to the list of website problems. If anyone does actually succeed in buying some miles then please post.

Traveloguy Nov 1, 2007 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon (Post 8654422)
Or atleast pretend to! :p

Yes - I know a few of those people. :p

AJLondon Nov 1, 2007 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Traveloguy (Post 8661064)
Yes - I know a few of those people. :p

So do I, you cheeky bugger! :p

maj09 Nov 2, 2007 4:43 am

Is there a big chunk of this thread that's gone missing - I'm sure there were about 3 pages of discussion re this, or am I going soft?

Anyway I'm a bit thick with maths so pls help me out. I'm considering the miles for cash purchase thingy. I'm not bothered about comparative values (ie against Amex) but the real cash value. Very recently Air NZ offered return business fares to California for about £650, which is about what I think it would cost to purchase miles, then buy a cash & miles fare.

Any general input would be great ta.

Tiger_lily Nov 2, 2007 4:46 am

Originally Posted by maj09 (Post 8663901)
Very recently Air NZ offered return business fares to California for about £650

:eek::eek: Really?

maj09 Nov 2, 2007 4:50 am

Oh dear oh dear

I really need to be awake (at 10:50) before I do anything. £650 ish is of course for pe. Please forgive me.

Also the 'lost pages' are in another thread. I'll shut up now.

Traveloguy Nov 2, 2007 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily (Post 8663912)
:eek::eek: Really?

I think that was a typo - was approx 1600 GBP. :)

londontraveller Nov 2, 2007 9:33 am

is there a link to the purchase miles option on the flybmi.com website - couldnt find it?

maj09 Nov 2, 2007 9:37 am

Miles purchase is available after logging in then going to My Account and choosing 'shopping' or 'online shopping'.

I've not tried but others are having problems getting payment confirmation or something.

jchand Nov 28, 2007 11:52 am

Has anyone managed to purchase miles yet ??? I can never get past the authorization page.

Thanks for any help.

Malaysian16 Nov 28, 2007 2:04 pm

is this for real???

I am 450 miles short to renew for gold and haven't got the time to fit another trip in before 8 Jan - unless i do an MR during the bank holidays which I am not keen to... or are these just for Destination miles and not Membership miles?

sl1ppy Nov 28, 2007 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Malaysian16 (Post 8804295)
is this for real???

I am 450 miles short to renew for gold and haven't got the time to fit another trip in before 8 Jan - unless i do an MR during the bank holidays which I am not keen to... or are these just for Destination miles and not Membership miles?

Destination miles only I'm afraid ....

sl1ppy Nov 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by jchand (Post 8803456)
Has anyone managed to purchase miles yet ??? I can never get past the authorization page.

Thanks for any help.

While it's not really any help, I bought 20k a couple of weeks ago so it is possible.

jchand Nov 29, 2007 1:40 am

Originally Posted by sl1ppy (Post 8804347)
While it's not really any help, I bought 20k a couple of weeks ago so it is possible.

OK Thanks. I will try again

Chriscross Dec 4, 2007 3:05 am

Originally Posted by jchand (Post 8807494)
OK Thanks. I will try again

Did you manage to buy miles? I am facing the same problem as you. Does it have to be a minimum ammount of miles on your account to be able to buy miles?

PhilH Dec 4, 2007 5:48 am

Nevermind...

frankvb Dec 5, 2007 2:10 am

Tried to buy 20K miles, but getting the following error after entering all CC (AMEX) details:

Please correct the following errors:
* We are unable process your payment. Please try again.

Of course all details are correct :rolleyes:

aurigakb Dec 5, 2007 2:22 am

Originally Posted by frankvb (Post 8840514)
Tried to buy 20K miles, but getting the following error after entering all CC (AMEX) details:
Of course all details are correct :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me with Amex. Worked with Mastercard.

frankvb Dec 5, 2007 2:44 am

Originally Posted by aurigakb (Post 8840527)
Same thing happened to me with Amex. Worked with Mastercard.

Thanks. I only want to pay with AMEX due to the need to get my spend for the BA 241 voucher ;)

jchand Dec 5, 2007 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Chriscross (Post 8834001)
Did you manage to buy miles? I am facing the same problem as you. Does it have to be a minimum ammount of miles on your account to be able to buy miles?

Had no joy with BA Amex. Gave up a used BMI mastercard. Went through OK

Martu Dec 5, 2007 1:28 pm

Has anyone worked out how frequently you can buy these miles (if it actually lets you buy them)?
Is it 20k per calendar year, per membership year, or per 12 month period?

In other words could I buy 20k now and 20k on the 1st of January if I wanted to?

Mr_Bigglesworth Dec 5, 2007 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Martu (Post 8843498)
Has anyone worked out how frequently you can buy these miles (if it actually lets you buy them)?
Is it 20k per calendar year, per membership year, or per 12 month period?

In other words could I buy 20k now and 20k on the 1st of January if I wanted to?

Well, I should imagine that someone will try and post the results on here around the 2nd of January!!:D

france usa Dec 11, 2007 1:11 am

Hello,
I've been trying to buy miles for days. Nosuccess. once I enter my email and chosse 20K, and click, I get a page full of words .... ?
Also :
- can one buy 20K for himself + 20 k for several other family membres / colleagues / friends ?
- is the "per year" rule means before Dec 31 ?

Thanks ...