Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Do I need to call and re-enter my account number?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, bmi, Leaders Club

I have joined BD around a month ago, and my status has been upgraded. At the time of my reservation, I gave other airlines my first blue number that starts with a "0". Do I need to call in to those airlines to give them my updated BD number???

Thanks for your insights.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:58 pm
Suspended

I would call them for sure. While the basic BD number is valid, having the upgraded number (Silver?) will ensure a smoother posting of bonuses and a better chance at any perks etc. that may come your way.

If you upgraded from Blue to Blue Plus, not sure it is worth a call - they are both *A basic level.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
You will actually be fine. When I was upgraded from Silver to Gold after an outbound flight on United, my 6XXXXXXX number was still in the reservation for the return a few weeks later even though my number had changed to 1XXXXXXX. Miles credited fine.

However it doesn't hurt to call if this would help with peace of mind but it isn't essential.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
I would call them for sure. While the basic BD number is valid, having the upgraded number (Silver?) will ensure a smoother posting of bonuses and a better chance at any perks etc. that may come your way.

If you upgraded from Blue to Blue Plus, not sure it is worth a call - they are both *A basic level.
Well the blue level is *Alliance is a basic level, however if you upgrade from blue(0XXXXXXX) to blue plus(3XXXXXXX) its better to change as you get complimentary meals on flight as its a help for the cabin crew to know how blue plus, silver and gold members travelling where they can arrange for complimentary meals on flight.:-)
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:02 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by flyboy8
Well the blue level is *Alliance is a basic level, however if you upgrade from blue(0XXXXXXX) to blue plus(3XXXXXXX) its better to change as you get complimentary meals on flight as its a help for the cabin crew to know how blue plus, silver and gold members travelling where they can arrange for complimentary meals on flight.:-)
Actually, I think technically Blue and Blue Plus aren't StarAlliance anything...
Only once you get to Silver does it become a StarAlliance level, since StarAlliance only have Silver & Gold recognition.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 9:51 am

Programs: BA
When I made Gold, I actually emailed Joanna about this, and she advised me to contact each airline and advise them of the amended DC number.

I did so before some SWISS flights, and the agent (after saying "Congratiulations"!! ) updated the number and my BPs did indeed show *G.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, bmi, Leaders Club
Thanks for the replies. I shall call in then.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by jbfield
Actually, I think technically Blue and Blue Plus aren't StarAlliance anything...
Only once you get to Silver does it become a StarAlliance level, since StarAlliance only have Silver & Gold recognition.
Its not being star alliance cards........its about earning miles as the miles dont get credited in the account if you enter the card number instead of blue or blue plus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.