Does BMI still status match?

Old Jul 29, 2007, 6:28 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Tel
What about Flying Blue gold to BMI gold (presently silver) -worth a chance?
It is certainly worth a request. I received such a status match recently, with the goal of maintaining gold with Star Alliance and Platinum with Flying Blue, which I hope to achieve by the end of the year. I received confirmation within three working days.

Hope this is helpful.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 5:47 am

I sent an email to Joanna about 5 or 6 days ago with PDFs of my DL statement and card and she responded this morning saying I had be matched to BD Gold. ^^^ to BMI & Joanna.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 6:43 pm

I have heard a rumour that BMI will match AA Gold (which is really only silver) with BD Gold, has anyone had any recent experiance with this?
Old Aug 3, 2007, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by mtparadis
I sent an email to Joanna about 5 or 6 days ago with PDFs of my DL statement and card and she responded this morning saying I had be matched to BD Gold. ^^^ to BMI & Joanna.
What`s the Email adress??
Old Aug 3, 2007, 12:47 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Tolew
What`s the Email adress??
Please read our sticky at the top of the forum!!!

[email protected]
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Does anybody have any experience of getting other airlines to match BD status? I'm thinking specifically CO or DL. I guess the answer is no as they don't really compete but perhaps with BD set to become more of a player over the Atlantic they might consider it, particularly as most of my mileage activity in DC is from transatlantic or domestic US flights? I do have some skyteam travel booked and would consider using CO/DL/NW more regularly once they start up from LHR.
Well if anyone is interested I got a response from CO to my request to match my BD status. They basically said that whilst they do have a status match programme they do not match bmi. Unfortunate as I made a point of telling them most of my flying is on UA and that BD and CO will be direct competitors from LHR come the spring and I would shift my business from UA to them. Ah well.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 3:20 pm

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Well if anyone is interested I got a response from CO to my request to match my BD status. They basically said that whilst they do have a status match programme they do not match bmi.
To be fair to other airlines, it can't possibly have gone un-noticed by them that bmi hand out gold cards like candy these days. Essentially, they're making it more and more worthless each and every time they do it.

Think about it - if YOU were in another airline, and were approached by a bd member, would you match them? (I think not - after all, they probably just got GIVEN it...)
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by preiffer
To be fair to other airlines, it can't possibly have gone un-noticed by them that bmi hand out gold cards like candy these days. Essentially, they're making it more and more worthless each and every time they do it.

Think about it - if YOU were in another airline, and were approached by a bd member, would you match them? (I think not - after all, they probably just got GIVEN it...)
Well when I send them my statement from the past year showing all the flights I have taken with United and US Airways (enough to earn me *G in mileage plus) and basically tell them all of that could be theirs (not entirely true but some of it would have been) then I thought I had a chance. If I had earned all those miles in MP then they would have matched me for sure so I don't really see the difference apart from the fact that I choose to park my miles elsewhere.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Shame you failed Jetstreamer, at least you tried.

After you asked the question earlier in the thread, I noticed no one replied, so it would seem that there are no known airlines willing to status match BD*G. I would have thought with open skies coming, the other US airlines would be interested in some business.

I'll have a go next, but who though, AA, DL......?

Any status I've had on any airline has been on revenue, would be nice to try someone else. When I got HH Gold thru BD, I moved business their way that under normal circumtances I would not.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:35 pm

Programs: SMWS
if you can't be bothered reading the sticky, or digging a fax machine out of the 90's cupboard, bring proof of your status along to lovely EDI. Immediately after security, there's a bmi stand advertising status matches.

I was in a bit of a rush, so didn't get a chance to see what I'd get for a full Rewards Plus envelope.... Is bmi gold > a 50 John lewis voucher....?
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Please read our sticky at the top of the forum!!!

[email protected]
Thanks!^

Going to ask a Status Match from AA EXP and will show in DL PM also to them. Ill post if it goes through.

FWIW, in the Status Match Master Thread the BMI link is down or not working.

Last edited by psyflyer; Oct 18, 2007 at 10:27 pm
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:18 pm

Programs: GGL
Earlier this year DL gave me Gold after sending them photocopy of BD*G cards of last 6 years. No question asked.

Had genuinly planned to fly more DL as doing more business in ATL, but sticked to Star Alliance, so will loose the DL Gold card end of year. Keep that in mind when comping: it's a one-off thing, so make sure you time it right.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 9:59 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by bounty
if you can't be bothered reading the sticky, or digging a fax machine out of the 90's cupboard, bring proof of your status along to lovely EDI. Immediately after security, there's a bmi stand advertising status matches.

I was in a bit of a rush, so didn't get a chance to see what I'd get for a full Rewards Plus envelope.... Is bmi gold > a 50 John lewis voucher....?
This stand doesn't seem to there any more as I had a look for it whilst @ EDI yesterday.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: SMWS
yup, I noticed that it had gone by last week; perhaps they ran out of forms
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I was successful getting my status matched from CO using the email in this thread.

A few questions from a newbie

1) I understand this status is valid for a calendar year from time of issue, true?
2) How many miles do I need to get within that year to
a) keep Gold
b) keep at least Silver

Thanks to FT again for the wealth of information available in this thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.