Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does BMI still status match?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2007, 2:53 pm

So, to be clear, if I match to Gold in Sept/Oct before my Nov AKL trip, then after I earn 38k status miles on the AKL trip my status will be extended through Sept/Oct 2009?
Old May 11, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Originally Posted by mtparadis
So, to be clear, if I match to Gold in Sept/Oct before my Nov AKL trip, then after I earn 38k status miles on the AKL trip my status will be extended through Sept/Oct 2009?
Yes. Exactly.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Getting other airlines to match BD?

Does anybody have any experience of getting other airlines to match BD status? I'm thinking specifically CO or DL. I guess the answer is no as they don't really compete but perhaps with BD set to become more of a player over the Atlantic they might consider it, particularly as most of my mileage activity in DC is from transatlantic or domestic US flights? I do have some skyteam travel booked and would consider using CO/DL/NW more regularly once they start up from LHR.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was comped to BD*S from CO Silver.

I'd done alot of BD flying before I joined Diamond Club, (along with some European Skyteam) and since becoming BD*S I have travelled exclusively BD for work.

Win-win as far as I'm concerned
Old Jun 12, 2007, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I got my BD*G card with a status match for my BA Gold account. I guess it worked out well for BMI and myself as I put 140k status miles on my BMI account within 9 months. About half of these flights could/would have gone to BA otherwise, as I had already put in enough travel to LH for SEN requalification and already had ca. 3500 TPs on BA. (thus no incentive to continue with BA or LH)
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Lifetime Gold, (Fond memories of) SPG Lifetime Plat
We were status matched from UA Gold to BD Gold 3 years ago. The 38k gold renewal for Mrs Flyer was the main draw, although she does do quite a few LHR-GLA trips.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 8:57 am
Tel

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
What about Flying Blue gold to BMI gold (presently silver) -worth a chance?
Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:58 am

Programs: delta gold, hilton gold
successful status match: NW silver to BMI silver

Last month, my partner and I sent a letter and a copy of our flight activity over the last year. they changed our status on their site within about a week, and we received the cards and packet in the mail about a week after that.

crediting our UA biz sfo-akl trip to bmi will put us just shy of gold.^
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:22 am

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
I tried faxing my SM request to the DC number provided, but it seems that my fax didn't go through. I also followed it up with an email.

Any chance that they'll look clear their email? I'm hoping to get matched before my flights next week. (Or should I pm Joanna?)
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
What fax number have people used for a match? The Diamond Club fax # on BMI's Web site, +44 (0)1623 724099, or something else?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Efrem
What fax number have people used for a match? The Diamond Club fax # on BMI's Web site, +44 (0)1623 724099, or something else?
Left the copy I faxed at home. SHould it be this number? I'll just try again.. (with this number)
Old Jun 19, 2007, 6:56 am

I faxed it to 44(0) 1709316808. Been trying and don't seem to be getting through. Should I use another number?
Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:49 am

Is there any email address one could send copies of all of this info to if faxing internationally is a pain?
Old Jul 26, 2007, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
OK - I've just tried it the other way and requested CO to match my BD status. Don't know what my chances are but with CO coming to LHR and competing directly with BD they might consider it. I also made it clear (and it shows from my mileage activity) that many of my fligthts are on UA.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by mtparadis
Is there any email address one could send copies of all of this info to if faxing internationally is a pain?
Please read our sticky on the bmi board!!!

diamond DOT club - AT - flybmi.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.