Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing paper ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2007, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Missing paper ticket

In February I booked a one way miles and cash booking from Bermuda to London via Washington for about a month from now. Tickets had to be paper because I was combining US and UA on the same itinerary.

By two weeks ago the tickets still hadn't shown up, so I called DC, who confirm the tickets were sent out and haven't been returned. I definitely never received them and checked with neighbours to make sure the letter wasn't misdirected (wouldn't be the first time if it had...). I was promised a return call once the call centre had spoken to higher authority (presumably at Donnington) - this never arrived.

Since then I've called up 4 or 5 times, always told I would get a return call, and nothing.

Now, to make life really complicated, it looks like I can extend my holiday by a day or two so am looking to change the IAD-LHR flight in any case.

I generally have no complaints about the call centre, but am concerned that I am getting nowhere and even more concerned that adding the change into the bargain will complicate life even further!

Any suggestions? My inclination (BDA-DCA availability allowing) is to make a new booking and then cancel the old one, on two separate calls, but doing a change would be more convenient!
Old Apr 24, 2007, 3:54 pm

Give DC a ring, explain that you havent received the tickets and ask them to reissue them from Paper Tickets into E-Tickets. UA/US are eticketable now as far as I know but it does depend on whether the BDA-IAD route with US is eticketable or not. For example LHR-DME-LHR, LHR-RUH-LHR, LHR-JED-LHR are non eticketable BD routes. The majority of the US Airways network can be etkt with BD. DC should be able to clarify this without any problem. Once they've done this you can ask if you can extend by a day or two, and you wouldnt have to cancel and start again. Are you in Bermuda now or in UK? Otherwise they could reissue the paper tickets and maybe fedex them to you? You should be fine.

ASCx

Last edited by aisle seat c; Apr 25, 2007 at 3:25 am
Old Apr 24, 2007, 4:03 pm

Programs: *G SPG Platinum
At least recently, BD did not have e-ticket interlining agreement with US.

Maybe it has changed during the last few weeks.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:11 am

I stand corrected, currently BD do not have an etkt agreement in place with US Airways, but it is to follow soon hopefully. Ive looked into it and below is a list of all the carriers that BD can issue etkts on;

UA/LH/AC/OS/LO/BA/SK/KF/CO/KL/EY/JL/NZ/SQ/OZ/NH/TG/TP/JK/WF/LX/AA

/VS/SA

ASCx
Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Just a quick update!

I called again and this time insisted that I speak to higher authority. Once I got put through to someone in "Administration" everything worked out fine - I got to change my flight on the original booking, pay the change fee and am now assured that the tickets have been reissued and are on their way to me.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 8:08 am

I am unsure why they don't just send you an e-ticket for I too have had this 'problem' (for want of a better word).

They just sent me a confirmation with a booking reference number which is enough. When I asked for a proper eticket as I checked my email while on the phone, she just said that she couldn't send it and that the confirmation was enough.

Has anyone had an eticket for a redemption booking?
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I am unsure why they don't just send you an e-ticket for I too have had this 'problem' (for want of a better word).

They just sent me a confirmation with a booking reference number which is enough. When I asked for a proper eticket as I checked my email while on the phone, she just said that she couldn't send it and that the confirmation was enough.

Has anyone had an eticket for a redemption booking?
They still had to issue paper tickets here because there is no agreement between US Airways and BMI for issuing etickets.

Most redemptions are using etickets now, and the booking reference is all you need. If you really want to know the actual ticket number, go to www.checkmytrip.com, enter the booking reference and your surname, and the ticket number will appear - this also confirms the type of ticket issued. Electronic tickets appear as "electronic" or "manual" tickets, while paper tickets are referred to as "paper" tickets.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:51 am

Ahh cheers for that.

I just thought a proper ETicket number would be easier for the SQ agent to through check me SQ -> LH Redemption via DC.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Ahh cheers for that.

I just thought a proper ETicket number would be easier for the SQ agent to through check me SQ -> LH Redemption via DC.
Having the actual ticket number probablyu helps in this situation, but as SQ, LH and BD are all on the same booking system the reference alone should allow SQ to check that the booking genuinely exists and has been ticketed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.