New TV adverts now on flybmi.com

Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:09 am
Original Poster

New TV adverts now on flybmi.com

They've added the new TV adverts to the home page of flybmi.com

Very nice they are too The only criticism is that it seems a bit cheap to basically re-use the same advert twice with different voiceovers.

http://www.flybmi.com
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:23 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Yes, they are very nice indeed.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:28 am

Very very boring !!! They could have done better than that . Showing their A330s and new J class seats along with the lounges would have been more interesting. Also some shots on board with in flight service etc....

I have a friend who is in a major advertising firm and he says its low budget.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
I don't have sound on my work computer but they look good! Can't figure out the Diamond club one though - what has the train got to do with the price of fish?
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
I don't have sound on my work computer but they look good! Can't figure out the Diamond club one though - what has the train got to do with the price of fish?
Having sound would explain all !

tagline goes something like "The free rides are the ones you remember the most"

edit :
tagline should actually be :
"The free rides (plus fees and taxes) are the ones you remember the most"

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Apr 19, 2007 at 6:56 am
Old Apr 19, 2007, 6:43 am

On the right hand side on the bottom of the real player there is a speaker button you press to get the sound!! I though the same thing at first til I pressed it .
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Very very boring !!! They could have done better than that . Showing their A330s and new J class seats along with the lounges would have been more interesting. Also some shots on board with in flight service etc....
Then it would be just a run of the mill advert for an airline... I agree they could have highlighted the product somehow as anyone unfamiliar with bmi probably wont have a clue what theyre on about, but i like the fact that they made an effort to be creative.

In relation to it being low-budget... Good! Im glad they didnt spend a fortune. It doesnt look cheap, so job well done.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:10 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I saw that advert on TV last night/maybe the night before.
Made me chuckle slightly in that it reminded me of this board

Incidentally there was another bmi advert on TV at the weekend I think. Trouble is it sounded so general and uninteresting that I didn't look up. Was only at the end when they mentioned bmi that I realisesd what it was for. No idea what the message was though.

(I'm not saying I think it was a rubbish advert just yet though)
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:47 am

Thanks for the explanations! I will watch it again (with sound) when I get home.

On the right hand side on the bottom of the real player there is a speaker button you press to get the sound!! I though the same thing at first til I pressed it .
Thanks, but my work computer REALLY doesn't have sound - no sound card
Old Apr 19, 2007, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Then it would be just a run of the mill advert for an airline... I agree they could have highlighted the product somehow as anyone unfamiliar with bmi probably wont have a clue what theyre on about, but i like the fact that they made an effort to be creative.

In relation to it being low-budget... Good! Im glad they didnt spend a fortune. It doesnt look cheap, so job well done.

I just think that they have a nice livery and the A330's look nice. Also the J class is good and the staff look well in their uniforms. For joe public it would make more of an impact if they did not know that much about BMI. If you have something good then show it off!!!

My favourtite ad of all time :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxs106rp5RQ
Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:16 am

I remember this well, even though i was only 8 at the time Did it run for quite a few years?
Old Apr 19, 2007, 1:52 pm

Just saw the heathrow punctuality advert on real TV on More 4. They're not bad although I wonder why they chose a Scottish guy driving down an American street?
Old Apr 19, 2007, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I remember this well, even though i was only 8 at the time Did it run for quite a few years?
I don't believe that was 18 years ago! It must have run for a while as I too remember it very well and I was only 9 in 1989. A great advert anyway at a time when BA really were the world's favourite airline.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
No - I prefer this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKQVpTVdLag
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by superscot
Fantastic find! ^

In respect to the comment on the face ad, BA spent huge sums of money on that and I very much doubt they would do the same these days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.