New TV adverts now on flybmi.com

Old Apr 20, 2007, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
I don't believe that was 18 years ago! It must have run for a while as I too remember it very well and I was only 9 in 1989. A great advert anyway at a time when BA really were the world's favourite airline.
Yeah time has gone too quickly!! I was 12 then . It is my favourite ad of all time for an airline . It represents BA and the United Kingdom and just makes you proud. I know all those sentimental days have gone but its nice to think back.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 4:27 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
I must be the only person that misses (or indeed remembers) the bird campaign they had when they first changed from bmi british midland to bmi.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lite
I must be the only person that misses (or indeed remembers) the bird campaign they had when they first changed from bmi british midland to bmi.
Civil aviation?
Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: BD *G, KLM Gold, AA Plat
Some great classic adverts there, shame BD cant pay more than a few quid for an attractive advertising push.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by jamespvg
Civil aviation?
No, this was after the initial civil aviation campaign which I think was only around for a year or so when British Midland became bmi. I'm thinking when bmi british midland simply became the moniker bmi, also when they were doing LHR-TFS they had a campaign with animated birds who all had voices, names and personalities in press and on TV. I thought they were good.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 9:45 pm

Just out of interest, anyone know where these were filmed? Obviously the traffic signals and street signs have been made to look American, but the signs on the buildings suggest South Island, New Zealand.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Then it would be just a run of the mill advert for an airline... I agree they could have highlighted the product somehow as anyone unfamiliar with bmi probably wont have a clue what theyre on about, but i like the fact that they made an effort to be creative.

In relation to it being low-budget... Good! Im glad they didnt spend a fortune. It doesnt look cheap, so job well done.
Caught these on website last night, and I concur. They're smart, intelligent, and yes low budget, but easy on the eye (...I'm surprised we haven't had a smutty comment about the Scotsman, yet ) and gets the message across simply and effectively

If the objective is to recruit BA pax, who aren't aware of bmi's online check in and the benefits of dc, and are tired of shorthaul flights cancelled at the merest whiff of fog or industrial action, then these ads work, don't they?

Well done bmi ^
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:49 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by superscot
Pardon me, but is that Wingnut sat in the left seat at the 25 second mark?
Old May 2, 2007, 8:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
would you employ this ad agency to cut and paste your images ?

Looks like bmi are on the advertising offensive at the moment, there's a big "on time, more times than any other airline" advert on the back page of today's Daily Telegraph business section.

Lovely image of a cute toddler looking out of the window of the pristine, deserted airport lounge, waving at the bmi A320 flying past the fluffy white clouds.

I wonder if he's noticed that the plane's engines are in reverse thrust mode ?
Old May 2, 2007, 10:04 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I've seen their ads a number of times on ITV during champions league nights. Seems like they are going after the average punter. It is kind of weird to see an airline ad between all your beer and car ads.

I can't help but think that an ad run between News programs would be tartgeting the right demographics.

But then hey, bmi have a past history in great strategy and marketing don't they...
Old May 4, 2007, 5:16 am

I went to a focus group for these ads about 3 months ago - they recruited regular business travellers (both domestic and international) aged from 25-45.

They were really looking at whether this would get people to switch to or use bmi again if you stopped using them, and trying to get business travellers to take them seriously as a business airline especially after previous cutbacks in business service.

There was another ad flogging the benfits of a hot brekkie and they were all originally voiced by Jack Davenport.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I caught the advert with the free-ride train on tv the other night : something doesn't look right. As the bmi forum is the home of the unofficial train forum : can any of you train experts confirm whether bmi's train is being driven past a STOP signal ?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 5:14 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Ive seen the train ad quite a bit during Big Brother recently. Whilst i think the ads look very smart i cant help but wonder if the big brother audience would catch onto the fact that its really about an airline, and frequent flyer program.

NB: I hang my head in shame at the admission that i watch big bro.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.