Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Any good BMI mileage earning runs in U.S. or U.S.-Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any good BMI mileage earning runs in U.S. or U.S.-Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:44 am

In europe, Spanair has some nice business prices on some routes:
MAD-ARN 308 EUR return all-in with Spanair, restricted business
1605 miles *2 (return) * 2 (business) * 2 (>55K) + 1605* 0.25*2 = 13642 award miles = 0.022 c/mile
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jarino
1605 miles *2 (return) * 2 (business) * 2 (>55K) + 1605* 0.25*2 = 13642 award miles = 0.022 c/mile
pffttt... I just figured out 1.6 cpm, all in F - just gotta get a booking engine to take it
Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:17 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by where2now
A good transcon I have found is on UA.Com flying MIA-SFO or SFO-MIA returns in First for $777.00 all earning 300%.Loads of routings and dates available on either US or UA Metal,
How do you go about booking this? Im using united.com and the multi-route selector but cant get anywhere near this fare... Do you know of any similar deals from LAX?
Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
How do you go about booking this? Im using united.com and the multi-route selector but cant get anywhere near this fare...
From start page, select additional options and then select first (Lowest) as service class, plug in your origin and destination and make sure that you are set on search by price and there you go.
Do you know of any similar deals from LAX?
The best tool to find these YUP/QUP fare is farecompare. Select YUP/QUP search, then your origin city and airline. Nothing too exciting on UA ex-LAX at the moment. But it is worth checking neighbouring airports (BUR, ONT, SNA, etc...) as you sometimes get some very good YUP/QUPs from these.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
pffttt... I just figured out 1.6 cpm, all in F - just gotta get a booking engine to take it
F on JK?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I'm possibly interested in doing my first MR and whilst the JK run looks good, getting it only to price around 369EUR which is not great.

Anyone have any other ideas? Would prefer to stick within Europe, and ideally start from a destination that is easy to get to from London to take advantage of my >55K whilst I have it. Unfortunately all my up and coming trips are all on OW and only just realised that I had not bothered to book anything with *A.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickB
F on JK?
No I was referring to a run here in the US on UA/US, not on JK.

Sorry just doing a CPM comparison.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by jarino
Does anyone know what fare class this books into?
Old Feb 26, 2007, 8:37 am

Just a quick post to inform those of you thinking of doing the MAD-ARN run, JK (Spanair) is a surprisingly good airline.

Ground service is fantastic, and onboard we were looked after very well in J. Food was very decent although unfortunately there was not a choice. JK's lounge is a cut down version of what you see in SK lounges which is no real surprise considering they are owned by SK.

Seating in J is unfortunately exactly the same as down the back except they always keep the middle seat free. Having said that, I was perfectly comfortable although I don't think I would want a much longer flight in those seats.

My only issue was the the FAs were quite happy to let Y pax use the J loo and even queue in the J aisle on one of out sectors.

I suspect a trip report will be written in the very near future.

After having flown both JK and IB, I can comfortably state the JK beats IB hands down (not that it is hard!) although be aware that you will commence your journey in the old MAD terminal (T2).

edit: JK miles also seem to post very promptly (or at the least on Mondays!).
Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Does anyone know what fare class this books into?
I know it's late and you know the answer already, but for future reference:
Z class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.