How long for LX Swiss Miles to Post?

Old Nov 7, 06, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
How long for LX Swiss Miles to Post?

I have tried a search but didn't get a hit on how long it normally takes for miles from flying with LX take to post to a DC account.

Does any fellow FT'er have experience of this that they could share?
Old Nov 7, 06, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dan Dare
I have tried a search but didn't get a hit on how long it normally takes for miles from flying with LX take to post to a DC account.

My experience is about 3 days although sometimes less.
Old Nov 7, 06, 6:48 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)

Even to Swiss's own Miles&More programme, it usually takes a few days. Roughly a week, usually. No idea how long it takes for flights to post to bmi, but LX is generally a little slow in posting miles ever since the demise of Swiss Travel Club.
Old Nov 7, 06, 7:47 am

FWIW, my experience with LX flights is that they post quicker than BD flights.
Old Nov 7, 06, 12:47 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, Delta
I had a recent flight on Swiss. The outbound miles posted within 1 day and the inbound miles took 8 days to post
Old Nov 7, 06, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Thanks for this - I suspect that I may have to make a claim via DC as took flights 10 days ago. MAN-ZRH-JFK in C - good price and good service.
Old Nov 7, 06, 1:44 pm

Thanks for this - I suspect that I may have to make a claim via DC as took flights 10 days ago. MAN-ZRH-JFK in C - good price and good service.
A scan of your BP's and ticket with ticket number e-mailed to DC should do the trick.
Old Nov 7, 06, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Usually 3-10 days. Anything more than that, and it's likely something got messed up and I start putting in for manual credit.
Old Nov 8, 06, 2:23 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Despite putting my DC # in when making the reservation and again showing my card at check-in, my LX miles have never posted, so ended up making a manual claim each time.
Old Nov 8, 06, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Despite putting my DC # in when making the reservation and again showing my card at check-in, my LX miles have never posted, so ended up making a manual claim each time.
Did your number appear on your LX boarding passes with *Gold?

I find my TA never enters my FF details correctly so I always make a habit of calling the airline and re-checking the details appear properly when I get my BP issued. A lot of TAs and even airline staff also forget that BMI's code is BD (and they put in BM).

Fortunately I have not had to do a manual credit of an LX flight to date - all have appeared within 3 days.
Old Nov 8, 06, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Did your number appear on your LX boarding passes with *Gold?

I find my TA never enters my FF details correctly so I always make a habit of calling the airline and re-checking the details appear properly when I get my BP issued. A lot of TAs and even airline staff also forget that BMI's code is BD (and they put in BM).

Fortunately I have not had to do a manual credit of an LX flight to date - all have appeared within 3 days.
I booked with Expedia and entered my DC card # myself. I checked the BP's and it lists # as FQTV BD XXXXX123/BD*G. The X's are there from Swiss and the last three digits I have changed. Essentailly it doesn't show the whole number - I assume tis is like credit card receipts for data protection. However this is the first time I have seen this.

Looks like a manual claim is in order.
Old Nov 8, 06, 7:38 am

I booked with Expedia and entered my DC card # myself. I checked the BP's and it lists # as FQTV BD XXXXX123/BD*G. The X's are there from Swiss and the last three digits I have changed. Essentailly it doesn't show the whole number - I assume tis is like credit card receipts for data protection. However this is the first time I have seen this.

That's all good news although I suspect you are correct in your assumption that a manual claim is in order.

Out of interest, was it an elligible fare class?
Old Nov 8, 06, 8:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Amb Gold, Marriott Plat, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, BA Blue, FB Ivory

Not sure whether it's Expedia who aren't sending them through correctly at the moment. Bookings through Expedia on Lufthansa, SAS and SAA have all had my DC number entered and none of them have credited.
Old Nov 8, 06, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Out of interest, was it an elligible fare class?
A very important question!

If it was the dreaded E class, you're sunk. Not valid for BD credit, nor UA as I recently found out.
Old Nov 8, 06, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Roger
A very important question!

If it was the dreaded E class, you're sunk. Not valid for BD credit, nor UA as I recently found out.
There are many odd anomalies within the BD programme and therefore one has to be very careful with fare classes. There are plenty of situations where crediting to either LH or UA is more beneficial than crediting to BD.

Search this Thread