Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How long for LX Swiss Miles to Post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for LX Swiss Miles to Post?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
There are many odd anomalies within the BD programme and therefore one has to be very careful with fare classes. There are plenty of situations where crediting to either LH or UA is more beneficial than crediting to BD.
Very true. And it's why I wanted to credit my UA account with my LX E sectors.

After I called, faxed and wrote , I got a snailmail from UA saying LX E sectors did not quailify for credit. Nowhere online or elsewhere was this information available .

I didn't take LH M&M seriously because, like LX and SK, they had an expiring miles policy - miles expired whether or not the account was kept up to date BA-style. Do LH still have this absurd policy?
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:28 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I don't think BA miles expire any longer, activity is all you need now-a-days.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by jbfield
I don't think BA miles expire any longer, activity is all you need now-a-days.
Exactly.

It was the case with LX and I think LH that miles expired after 3 years no matter what, and SK were similar but with a different time period.

Because of that, I virtually emptied my LX and SK accounts and now concentrate on more user-friendly schemes.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat Exec, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
....Out of interest, was it an elligible fare class?
I booked with Expedia and didn't check the fare class at time of booking.

I booked and paid for C-Cabin for both MAN-ZRH and ZRH-JFK(return).

Do you know where I can find the fare class retrospectively - this was an e-ticket.

Originally Posted by Roger
A very important question!

If it was the dreaded E class, you're sunk. Not valid for BD credit, nor UA as I recently found out.
I looked on expertflyer and it shows E as being "Shuttle Class" - for Transatlantic business this wouldn't apply would it?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Do LH still have this absurd policy?
Yes, unless you are Gold or (I think) Silver. Stupid policy, although it obviously has short-term accounting benefits for LH.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:33 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
I didn't take LH M&M seriously because, like LX and SK, they had an expiring miles policy - miles expired whether or not the account was kept up to date BA-style. Do LH still have this absurd policy?
As long as you hold status with LH, you miles don't expire. When you lose your status, you miles will be valid for a further three years. If you earn status again within that three year period, your miles will be extended for the duration of your status plus three years. Keep in mind that status on LH is valid for the year you qualify plus two full years, so earning 35K status miles for FTL will keep your account active for 5 years.

Also, if you have a Miles&More credit card issued in Germany, your miles never expire.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dan Dare
I booked with Expedia and didn't check the fare class at time of booking.

I booked and paid for C-Cabin for both MAN-ZRH and ZRH-JFK(return).

Do you know where I can find the fare class retrospectively - this was an e-ticket.

I looked on expertflyer and it shows E as being "Shuttle Class" - for Transatlantic business this wouldn't apply would it?
If you booked and paid for Business Class it would have booked into J, Z, D or C which all credit to BD so we can assume it was an elligible fare. Looks like a manual credit is in order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.