Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

use of BMI gold card upgrade voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $

Search funktion not working !

I have some question regarding these vouchers.
On the front it says :
At a diamond club gold card member, this voucher entitles you to a one way upgrade on any bmi operated scheduled flight - strictly subject to availability.

The return side says:
1.) One sector upgrade to business class ( upgraded economy on transatlantic flights) is offered on bmi operated.........

So as far as I understand, BOM and JED and RUH are BMI operated flights, which are not ransatlantic ! Will I get an upgrade from any paid economy into business on this flights???
Old Oct 30, 2006, 2:16 pm

Programs: BD *G, KLM Gold, AA Plat
I am guessing Transatlantic just means 'Longhaul'.

BOM is not around anymore and good luck on JED/RUH, it looks like C class on both routes are so full its impossible to even have the space avaliable to use an upgrade voucher.

How will the upgrade vouchers work on the DME route? I assume you can use them from Y -> C??
Old Oct 30, 2006, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I'd hope for a strict interpretation such that the upgrade to premium economy applies only to transatlantic flights. However, I'd not be shocked if they really meant, or want it to mean, "long-haul" as the poster above said.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a moot point now that BOM is out of the picture. For JED/RUH, which are two-class, you can use them to upgrade from Y to C, subject to availability at departing time.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by bapilot2b

How will the upgrade vouchers work on the DME route? I assume you can use them from Y -> C??
I plan to try and use a couple of vouchers LHR-DME next Monday. There is currently still availability in C.

Another question - I presume if you use telephone check in, it doesn't affect the ability to use the upgrade vouchers when you arrive at the airport?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by irmster
Another question - I presume if you use telephone check in, it doesn't affect the ability to use the upgrade vouchers when you arrive at the airport?
That's no problem.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:22 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Programs: bmi Diamond Club - Retired Official Lurker
bertheike - the gold upgrade vouchers you have have the old terms and conditions on them. The new vouchers sent out now with the Hertz double upgrade vouchers say:

One sector upgrade to business class on shorthaul routes where available, or premium economy on longhaul flights is offered on bmi operated scheduled flights when travelling on any bmi fare, subject to availability on the day of travel.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by diamond club
bertheike - the gold upgrade vouchers you have have the old terms and conditions on them. The new vouchers sent out now with the Hertz double upgrade vouchers say:

One sector upgrade to business class on shorthaul routes where available, or premium economy on longhaul flights is offered on bmi operated scheduled flights when travelling on any bmi fare, subject to availability on the day of travel.
diamond club - Can you also confirm that the vouchers are valid on the new Moscow route? There does not seem to be any reason why they shouldn't be I guess thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:54 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Programs: bmi Diamond Club - Retired Official Lurker
Hi,

Yes they are, the same terms and conditions apply.

Jo
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by diamond club
Hi,

Yes they are, the same terms and conditions apply.

Jo
thanks Jo -good to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.