Lounge Access - still allowed guests?

Old Oct 30, 06, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!
Lounge Access - still allowed guests?

Hi all. Its been a good few months since I've travelled on bmi so went to check the current info on the website.

I was looking at the benefits for gold and silver on the bmi website and cant find anywhere saying you can take 1 guest into the lounge with you.

Are guests still allowed into the lounge with gold/silver?

Jamo
Old Oct 30, 06, 8:39 am

Programs: TK*S, A3*G, BA Silver
I'm assuming that you are referring to DC or bmi Business Lounges, rather than TP lounges.

As a DCG you can take 1 guest flying on the same flight as you into the Lounge. Same applies to a DCS, with one singular exception - if you are on a baby fare there is no Lounge admittance.
Old Oct 30, 06, 8:43 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
According to the Star website does not have to be on the same flight.

Lounge Access
International First Class

Customers who present an International First Class boarding pass, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they fly, have lounge access. They, and one guest, are welcome to visit first class lounges or any other members' departure lounges when departing on a Star Alliance flight. Note: AC, BD, OS and SK do not have international first class service.

International Business Class

Customers who present an international Business Class boarding pass, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they fly, have access to all members' designated business departure lounges. Guests are not permitted.

Star Alliance Gold Card Holder

Star Alliance Gold card holders and one guest, have access to any lounge that is identified with a Star Alliance Gold lounge sign when departing on a Star Alliance flight. Note: United Airlines' Premier Executive and Premier Executive 1K customers and US Airways' Chairman Preferred and Gold Preferred customers have access to U.S. domestic United Red Carpet Club and US Airways Club locations only when they present a ticket or boarding pass for a same-day international flight.

Eligible Guests

Any guest of an eligible customer (International First, Star Alliance Gold card holders, and eligible paid member) must enter the designated lounge with the eligible customer. The guest must also depart on a Star Alliance carrier, but may travel on a different flight.
Old Oct 30, 06, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *Gold / BA Gold / EZY Plus!
Thanks for the quick reply.

I knew about the exception on tiny fares for silver, but was supprised when I didnt see any reference to guests anymore. Good to see silvers can still take a guest in.

Search this Thread