Help with a BMI booking

Old Oct 19, 06, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club (blue), BMI Diamond Club (blue)
Help with a BMI booking

I rarely travel BMI, but have chosen to do so while travelling to the LONDON DO in November. This may seem a stupid question but i'd really appreciate the help!

Anyhow, I booked a return flight that was going to get me in for 12.30ish and I realised that I'd miss the charming afternoon tea, so I looked, and it worked out cheaper to book a new one way flight instead of changing it. So basically I wont be showing up for one of my outboud flights as I'll be on the earlier one, but I will still be travelling on the return flight the following evening. Is that ok to do even though I haven't shown up for the original outboud flight?
Old Oct 19, 06, 2:22 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
No, your return half would be cancelled by default.
Old Oct 19, 06, 7:17 am

incorrect......the return will not be canx if you don't take the outbound. bmi are one of the few airlines that wont cancel the return because all domestic flights sold as returns combine the same fares that are sold as one ways.
Old Oct 19, 06, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club (blue), BMI Diamond Club (blue)
Thanks for your help. I phoned up customer service who informed me that if I didn't take the outbound flight, they would automatically cancel my return flight, so I had to cancel the original return flight I'd booked and then book a new flight. However, the times I have are now at much better times to co-incide with the arrival of my boyfriends flight from Barcelona.
Old Oct 23, 09, 10:50 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by aisle seat c View Post
incorrect......the return will not be canx if you don't take the outbound. bmi are one of the few airlines that wont cancel the return because all domestic flights sold as returns combine the same fares that are sold as one ways.
have a similar situation with a LHR-DUB-LHR flight... am now coming direct from EWR-DUB.. can I cancel the outbound flight... any experience anyone?

tht

Search this Thread