Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to get my miles credited

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2006, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Trying to get my miles credited

I have twice been told by the call centre that long delays to the posting of mileage credit for US Airways has been normal recently as they have to send them to be verified.

I flew on 19th May and when the flights failed to credit I sent in the original boarding cards and ticket reciept in early July and waited. The two United flights credited (so I know that the claim was received and processed) but no news on the US legs.

Called to check on progress mid August and was told that it can take this long, called again a week or so ago and was told that sometimes things get delayed.

Can't beleive that this is now the normal, As the flights were First Class SFO - CLT - IAD we are talking about 6870+1800 status and destination miles any suggestions on what to next. I was planning on putting something in writing with the copies of my missing mile claim.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 3:44 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Programs: bmi Diamond Club - Retired Official Lurker
If the United flights were sent along with your US boarding cards I would have thought they all should have now been credited. Please email me ([email protected]) your account number and i'll look into this for you.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diamond club
If the United flights were sent along with your US boarding cards I would have thought they all should have now been credited. Please email me ([email protected]) your account number and i'll look into this for you.
Thanks for the help in getting this sorted - you need to be cloned ^

I guess the call centres are under pressure to complete calls and as we see on the forum there are good agents and bad agents - I guess for my problem it is easy for them to say that this delay is normal
Old Oct 21, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
One general remark on getting miles credited with bmi: comparing this with other FFPs I have never seen a faster service. Whenever I had to send original BP along with Passenger Receipt it did not take more than 2 wds to see miles showing up on my account online. Top service, bmi ^
Old Oct 21, 2006, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by muc_flyer
One general remark on getting miles credited with bmi: comparing this with other FFPs I have never seen a faster service. Whenever I had to send original BP along with Passenger Receipt it did not take more than 2 wds to see miles showing up on my account online. Top service, bmi ^
Same experience with my last couple of VS flights. When - as usual - the miles failed to post I popped them in the post. 2 days later - voila!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.