FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   PE Menu - Las-Man - Veggie option offered usually? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/608659-pe-menu-las-man-veggie-option-offered-usually.html)

djb25 Oct 3, 2006 1:12 pm

PE Menu - Las-Man - Veggie option offered usually?

Searched for answers but to no avail. I'm flying this route thursday and just wondered if it was essential to book a veggie meal or is the choice normally quite good. anyone have any exp. of the menu in this class, this route? Prefer not to book a meal as it usually cuts chances of an UP. Many thanks in advance.

modularmayhem Oct 3, 2006 1:45 pm

PE meals are the same as E. You get served first so therefore a veggie meal is likely to be available. Last time i was in PE on this route the veg option was penne pasta with veggies, and there were plenty available. The meals are quite good, although i found the entree to be quite small, and im not a big eater.

Jetstreamer Oct 3, 2006 3:23 pm

Even if you book a veggi meal they will still ask whether you want the beef, chicken or vegeterian pasta so it doesn't really make any difference. I still reserve one in advance though just in case, although it is not essential. BD don't screw you like other airlines. I ordered a dairy vegi meal on UA the other week and even though they had a veggi pasta option on the normal meal service I got something completely different and much less tasty. I also wasn't allowed any ice cream (I did book a VLML dairy meal) and had to beg for a tub. I was told I could have one if there were any left after all the other pax had been served. Luckily there was a spare. sometimes it is better not to order a vegi meal but with BD it makes no real difference.

djb25 Oct 4, 2006 2:40 pm

thanks for this guys - very helpful.

jbfield Oct 5, 2006 6:43 am

Just to add my recent experience,
the cabin crew generally come around at the begining of the flight to ask PE pax for their preferences (they'll have already passed out menus). This is to ensure PE pax are more likily to get their choice than E. IME, there's a or two and and a non-meat dish on the standard menu.
I've always booked a special meal (AVML) which the crew generally know about when taking the meal requests.
As Jetstreamer posts above, the crew aren't always clued up about your request so sometimes you are asked again at which point you can point it out and they confirm which one it is.
I think the menu is the same from LAX as from ORD, in which case the standard vegi option was vegetable Lasangne (can't remember ex MAN).

AVML lunch & dinner seemed to be the same as the vegetarian except the main course which was curry. Breakfast exactly the same - a blueberry muffin.