cash&miles from *A FF accounts?

Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
cash&miles from *A FF accounts?

Sorry for the OT but just to clarify on this point which I think has been asked before (perhaps even by myself! ) but can anyone confirm that Cash and Miles redemption cannot be actioned other than from a BMI FF account?

I initially thought they were a *A wide feature but I now think that it's only BMI - at least I cannot find any other reference elsewhere.

Sorry and thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Sorry for the OT but just to clarify on this point which I think has been asked before (perhaps even by myself! ) but can anyone confirm that Cash and Miles redemption cannot be actioned other than from a BMI FF account?

I initially thought they were a *A wide feature but I now think that it's only BMI - at least I cannot find any other reference elsewhere.

Sorry and thanks.
Only BMI miles in a BMI Diamond Club can be used for BMI Cash + Miles rewards. Other *A airlines could choose to implement this kind of thing but have hosen not to. You are tied by the rules of whatever programme you credit your miles to.

To be honest Cash + Miles is almost uniquely a British thing, as BMI and BA are the only two airlines I know who have implemented the idea so widely.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:48 pm

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Originally Posted by House
To be honest Cash + Miles is almost uniquely a British thing, as BMI and BA are the only two airlines I know who have implemented the idea so widely.
Also offered by VS, but their deal is nowhere near as good.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:02 pm
myk

Programs: Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic
NWA frequently runs cash+miles fares, but it is not an all-the-time promotion
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Many thanks guys. ^
Incidentally re UA flights, I have just discovered the redemptions available on UA directly are not the same as the ones shown when getting the award through a partner (eg ANA). I was not aware of this.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Many thanks guys. ^
Incidentally re UA flights, I have just discovered the redemptions available on UA directly are not the same as the ones shown when getting the award through a partner (eg ANA). I was not aware of this.
Very common problem.

You almost always get better availability for your native carrier tickets than for partners. Also some partners have different deals so ANA for example may get better LH availability than BMI.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:42 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
EK also offer promotional Cash+Miles offers every so often.
Tends to be for residents/departures from the UAE but not always.

Of course, EK aren't in *A though.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Very common problem.

You almost always get better availability for your native carrier tickets than for partners. Also some partners have different deals so ANA for example may get better LH availability than BMI.
Yes- I have discovered that ANA has better SQ availability than BD. I see the almost same availability on ANA as I see as SQ PPS.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LonLH
Yes- I have discovered that ANA has better SQ availability than BD. I see the almost same availability on ANA as I see as SQ PPS.
I suspect the best availability for BD flyers will always be on LH (& LX) and SK as in the end it is LH and SK who ultimately own half of BD minus 1 share.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 4:50 pm
jhm

Originally Posted by LonLH
I'm told that it depends on the route, e.g. BD has the best SQ availability ex-LHR after SQ itself. See post 23 in http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498293

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.