FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Diamond Club miles on America West? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/575885-diamond-club-miles-america-west.html)

scozer99 Jul 4, 2006 3:46 pm

Diamond Club miles on America West?

I have some upcoming flights which I could take on America West operated flights, does anyone know if these will get credit now US air/AW are merged? Flight numbers would be AW ones.

SanDiegoShaun Jul 4, 2006 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by scozer99
I have some upcoming flights which I could take on America West operated flights, does anyone know if these will get credit now US air/AW are merged? Flight numbers would be AW ones.

I can't stay for sure but US Air flights should get you credit, including those operated by America West.

BA or bust Jul 5, 2006 2:24 am

In theory yes, but I have had mixed messages on this. I am doing some America West flights (HP booked and HP metal) inside USA in August. I'll let this board know the result.

Brian_1 Jul 6, 2006 4:27 pm

I previously posted on another thread that I had miles credit for a HP flight from PHX to LAX.

For some reason the BIO to PHX sector didn't. Waiting on them to be retro-credited.

B

BA or bust Jul 7, 2006 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Brian_1
I previously posted on another thread that I had miles credit for a HP flight from PHX to LAX.

For some reason the BIO to PHX sector didn't. Waiting on them to be retro-credited.

B

Thanks Brian_1. Was this very recently?

PhilH Jan 4, 2007 7:37 am

Is there a definitive solution on this yet? I'm considering a US Air codeshare on HP (i.e. US flight number, HP metal) in First, so I'm assuming I will get the 300% mileage credit? I can't access the booking code though unfortunately.

I assume US Air codeshares on UA metal are fine? I'm thinking about one of those as well. It's A booking code, so assume 300% as it's that level with US and UA?

Now, is it wise to route BOS-LAS-ANC on HP and then ANC-ORD on UA for £684 (all in F) for 22,500 BD miles? :) (This isn't a MR, I genuinely need to get from BOS to ANC and back to ORD in some sort of comfort!)

modularmayhem Jan 4, 2007 9:34 am

Slightly OT but does anyone know if HP flights (with US flight no) can be booked for rewards using DC miles?

I ask because, when looking for LAS-LAX reward recently, the DC agent (in india) could see the HP flights but was having trouble getting the system to book it. In the end i settled for a UA/TED flight even though it has no F, but bareable for 50 min flight.

Private Pyle Jan 4, 2007 10:05 am

In Oct last year we had a US internal booked on US codes but operated by Am West and we got all the miles credited automatically with no bother.

NickB Jan 4, 2007 10:50 am

Originally Posted by PhilH (Post 6948843)
I assume US Air codeshares on UA metal are fine? I'm thinking about one of those as well. It's A booking code, so assume 300% as it's that level with US and UA?

Correct. I did a US-coded UA-operated SFO-IAD last year on a YUP fare (booked in A class), which generated 300% miles (and on an internationally-configured 763 to boot - very nice for intra-US flying).

Yorkshire Traveller Jan 4, 2007 11:07 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem (Post 6949541)
Slightly OT but does anyone know if HP flights (with US flight no) can be booked for rewards using DC miles?

I ask because, when looking for LAS-LAX reward recently, the DC agent (in india) could see the HP flights but was having trouble getting the system to book it. In the end i settled for a UA/TED flight even though it has no F, but bareable for 50 min flight.

We have just made a redemption to/from the UK/USA and part of our routing was from Chicago to Las Vegas - US flight number on HP metal - booking made by the Indian call centre with no problems.

Nigel.

Rambuster Jan 4, 2007 4:24 pm

It looks like US/HP have finally got their act together. Last year I could never get any credit for US / HP. It was always:

a.) You are on a US flight number but HP metal -> no credit
b.) You are on an HP flight number on US metal -> no credit
c.) HP code with HP metal -> no credit

I never had option d:

d.) US code on US metal -> score!

I have some US code flights coming up next week in F (all operated by HP). I am curious if they will post too ... ?

RAPC Jan 18, 2007 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 6952223)

I have some US code flights coming up next week in F (all operated by HP). I am curious if they will post too ... ?

Any news on whether you got the credit on these?

I'm thinking of booking MAN - LAS via PHL on US Airways as they have a promo on for the next couple of days and the flights are £200 cheaper in Y than the BD/UA flights.

The only thing leaving a small doubt in my mind to buy the ticket is that the outward PHL - LAS leg is on HP metal. Have people had these successfully credit yet?

Also I'm assuming it will be on a US Airways code if it is booked through their site?

Any help from the experts would be appreciated.

LonLH Jan 18, 2007 4:51 pm

I have a US flight operated by HP in F soon- to be on the safe side, I will put the miles on M/M instead of DC..3x miles is a bit too much to lose!

Rambuster Jan 20, 2007 2:24 pm

Yes my US flights posted ! This is now a first for me.

They posted as HP flights:

08/01/2007 HP Seattle WA USA - Las Vegas NV USA 2601 2601
10/01/2007 HP Las Vegas NV USA - Seattle WA USA 2601 2601

I presume I will get the 25% bonus for these flights as HP isn't even really a partner of BMI ...

RAPC Jan 20, 2007 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 7058073)
Yes my US flights posted ! This is now a first for me.

Thanks for the confirmation - very timely it was too as I was thinking of buying those Vegas flights tonight, which I've just done. Earns a few more miles that the BMI via Chicago route as well ;)