Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Ignore, I'm drunk and talking c*ap

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2006, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Ignore, I'm drunk.

Sorry
Old Apr 21, 2006, 8:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I love Flyertalk on Friday afternoons
Old Apr 21, 2006, 8:32 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by theworld
Ignore, I'm drunk.

Sorry
Good and informative post though, considering you are drunk.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:23 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by ajamieson
I love Flyertalk on Friday afternoons

I wonder what he/she was going to say ?. Maybe we should have this as the board drunken rambling thread ?.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:40 am
uk1
Suspended

I dunno. Siometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. It depends.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
No chance of rambling drunkenness from me this weekend; going to be in the bloody office the whole time keeping the skies safe for the likes of you

Monday night, however...
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:00 am
Original Poster

I have slightly sobered up now, so I should explain myself.

I got a mailing from BMI with news about Star Alliance and a new code share with Etihad. In my drunk state I thought that meant Etihad had joined the Star Alliance. I was surprised there were no posts about here (and for good reasons I now see), so I posted. I then had another look at the mailing and realised the error of my ways, so I quickly edited both title and my post.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Blue
I have slightly sobered up now, so I should explain myself.

I got a mailing from BMI with news about Star Alliance and a new code share with Etihad. In my drunk state I thought that meant Etihad had joined the Star Alliance. I was surprised there were no posts about here (and for good reasons I now see), so I posted. I then had another look at the mailing and realised the error of my ways, so I quickly edited both title and my post.

However in the same mailing bmi now boast "safety announcements in both Arabic and English". Incredible!

AND

for those who have bookings on the cancelled Madrid and Linate flights one of your options is: "travel from London Heathrow to Linate with Lufthansa (this route requires that you fly via France)" .

Maybe someone was drunk when writing the update, or could it be someone at bmi who doesn't have a clue? Surely not
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by london1
for those who have bookings on the cancelled Madrid and Linate flights one of your options is: "travel from London Heathrow to Linate with Lufthansa (this route requires that you fly via France)" .
I'm trying to figure out whether there is any legal routing for that on a single ticket.

Booking the LH CRT fare gives you an MPM of 741 miles, which doesn't cover the almost 1,300 miles required for LHR-FRA-CDG-FRA-LIN.

Even assuming LH allows 25% EMS on this route, that still doesn't get you there.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:30 am

Programs: Various lustrous chemical elements
Originally Posted by london1
However in the same mailing bmi now boast "safety announcements in both Arabic and English". Incredible!

AND

Maybe someone was drunk when writing the update, or could it be someone at bmi who doesn't have a clue? Surely not
AND...

"We have adapted our in-flight service to meet the needs of all our passengers."

Not that again !!!
Old Apr 21, 2006, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Ignore, I'm drunk.

Sorry
bmi get's it own version of CT-UK

What next?
Will the Leffe Brunne in the BRU DC make my poo black?
Old Apr 21, 2006, 5:02 pm
Suspended

I only have a buzz, not drunk. Can I still post here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.