Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

HELP bmi are about to mess up my holiday (*A award booking)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP bmi are about to mess up my holiday (*A award booking)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Thanks for the update. Given that this is a whole new PNR, I'm curious what the fare basis/booking classes are. Have they given you tickets from a revenue fare bucket?
That's an interesting thought. Is there a way for me to check the fare basis on checkmytrip.com or do I need to wait for the tickets to arrive?
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I suppose you could discreetly enquire by phoning the call centre with a spurious question
Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:00 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by woodey
That's an interesting thought. Is there a way for me to check the fare basis on checkmytrip.com or do I need to wait for the tickets to arrive?
If you are near a ticket office you can always ask to get an itiniary printout.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by woodey
If everything looks OK on checkmytrip.com and the tickets arrive is there anything else I should check?
If you have tickets in hand, you should be sorted.

Let us know the fare basis for the tickets when you do get them...
Old Apr 29, 2006, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I've been in Lisbon all week but Mrs W confirmed the tickets arrived on Tuesday. It looks like they are award inventory, all the business class sectors are booked in I class the first class sectors in O class.

I called US and LH to get seat allocations and check the booking was OK from their point of view. Had an interesting chat with the US representative, she said there was note on the booking saying bmi cancelled the reservation when they tried to issue the tickets and they had to get authorisation from the USA to reinstate the booking.

Anyway it sounds like it's all sorted out now, lets just hope there aren't any last minute surprises at the airport.

Thanks everyone of your help.

W.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 9:54 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Good news.... Glad to hear it. Enjoy your trip
Old Aug 9, 2008, 3:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Bump ! (Same topic, new poster, same problem)

I know we have endless threads on this, but it seems things are not getting any better :

Act 1 : 2 weeks ago
Me : Hello, I booked an award a couple of months ago and I don't think it has been ticketed yet. It is a one-way to get me home from holiday, and I am paying for a revenue ticket outbound. I am leaving soon, and I really would like the ticket issued before I go as I will not be able to continue checking while I am away, and I don't want a repeat of a previous trip when I was turned away from checkin because bmi had forgotton to issue the ticket.
ICC : Certainly sir, we will do this later today.

No ticket.

Act 2 : 1 week ago
Reprise of Act 1.

No ticket.

Act 3 :Yesterday
Me : ....I am leaving very soon, PLEASE issue my ticket.
ICC : I will do that now. Please hold.
Music
Click
Silence

No ticket.

Any suggestions, anyone ?

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 11, 2008 at 9:55 am
Old Aug 9, 2008, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Stay on holiday?

Old Aug 9, 2008, 4:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Stay on holiday?

Ditto!
Old Aug 9, 2008, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I know we have endless threads on this, but it seems things are not getting any better :

PM and regular email to DC? Joanna has helped me with a ticketing query in the past.

Turn around can be over a week though ...
Old Aug 9, 2008, 4:50 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver

Seems to me that you have made a valid booking and bmi are responsible for delivering the flights. I'd send a letter to bmi detailing your conversations, recorded delivery, and a copy in an email.

You need to make it clear that if you arrive at the airport and the flights are not available as agreed you and you need to make alternative arrangements, you will hold bmi responsible for any additional expense and may be looking for compensation for inconvenience.

I'd then arrive at the airport with a backup plan - maybe refundable tickets on an alternate flight home?
Old Aug 9, 2008, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by MAN Pax
Seems to me that you have made a valid booking and bmi are responsible for delivering the flights. I'd send a letter to bmi detailing your conversations, recorded delivery, and a copy in an email.

You need to make it clear that if you arrive at the airport and the flights are not available as agreed you and you need to make alternative arrangements, you will hold bmi responsible for any additional expense and may be looking for compensation for inconvenience.

I'd then arrive at the airport with a backup plan - maybe refundable tickets on an alternate flight home?
that really should not be necessary. They can issue tickets same day without any problem - insist on speaking to one of the supervisors. They usually get things done.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 5:41 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
I agree with irmster, insist on speaking to a supervisor and tell them you will wait on hold while they issue the ticket and provide you with the ticket number.

Also have checkmytrip open in front of you so you can check whether the ticket number has appeared,
Old Aug 11, 2008, 8:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Act 4 : Today
"Our systems are down, please call back tomorrow"
Old Aug 11, 2008, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Can you not simply ring the normal UK reservations line if all you need to do is ticket an existing booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.