Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems logging in to their BMI accounts

Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, KLM Ivory, TK Classic Plus, Car Hrtz PC, AVIS Pref, Hotel HH Dia, ICPC Gold, Marriot Gold

I have tried a few times to log on to my BMI account this morning and keep getting some weird error mesages. I try to log in using my membership number and PIN. It then tells me there is an error with my e mail address?

Is it just me or is this a system wide problem?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:56 am

Programs: A3 *Silver, BA Bronze
No... I can't login either...
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:59 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I just logged in via the main homepage (11:57 GMT).
First page opened said "My Profile"

But on that page there a part giving my Diamond Club account details and a button that said "access your diamond club account" Clicking that I got in.

No recent activity though - and the "View past activities" page has changed a bit in terms of layout. Most of the linked URLs aren't working yet - I see the mileage calculator has disappeared.

Some parts of one's account that are under maintenence are:
"Ask Diamond Club"
"Latest News"
The Print functions on "view Past Activities"
"Spend Miles"
"Claim Missing Miles"

What the web monkeys have seemed to have done so far is to have gotten out their colouring pens. Looks a bit nicer - a bit fresher.

Interesting - My home contact details have been wiped and are now showing my as living in Belgium! I guess that'll change once they've finished. I won't risk editting it now:

I get the impression some of us have got in to our accounts but weren't supposed to have

Last edited by jbfield; Feb 16, 2006 at 5:13 am
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:01 am

Programs: BD*S (although why, I don't know), AC Aeroplan, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by bigbaldbairn
I have tried a few times to log on to my BMI account this morning and keep getting some weird error mesages.
<snip>
Is it just me or is this a system wide problem?
Hi bigbaldbairn,

I had that problem too but it's working for me now.

BMI have just updated the FF section of their website. I quote: "To improve your experience of flybmi.com we have added a new 'flybmi profile' feature to our website". It's a new splash screen when you log in, which doesn't appear to add much except an extra click to get through to your account page...

I suspect your earlier difficulty was to do with their switch over to the new site page.

Is it working now?

Giler.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:02 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I just logged in. All fine.

Just one extra link to click thru. When you use your DC number and pin on the homepage, it logs in and tales you to Your Profile. Scrolling down this page you see a summary of your DC destination and status miles. Clicking on the Account Summary link next to this takes one to the accrual statement. (This use to be the first page one previously came to after logging in.)
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Giler
I had that problem too but it's working for me now.
Oh. I take that back. Now I can't get in at all.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
I just logged in. All fine.
Hi AJLondon -

What happens if you log out and back in again? Does it still work?

I managed to get in once, but only once...

Giler.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:10 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Giler
Hi AJLondon -

What happens if you log out and back in again? Does it still work?

I managed to get in once, but only once...

Giler.
Yup, it screwed up when I tried to log in again.

Error
A your flybmi.com profile already exists with this email address. To login with this email address
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Looks like they are trying to finally match up the profile concept for "Manage My Booking" with actual DC accounts. Needless to say, it doesn't work properly...you still have to enter PNRs manually, and entering a PNR brings up only an error message. And it doesn't seem to be cookie-ing properly because I still have to sign in every time.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:17 am

As I've better things to do, I've logged out now as well. Can't get back in either.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by jbfield
As I've better things to do, I've logged out now as well. Can't get back in either.
I don't have better things to do, but still can't figure it out. Have tried clearing cookies/cache etc. but that doesn't help. Hmm.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:59 am

I think it was just a blimp that allowed you to access your account when you weren't supposed to have been able to due to maintenance. You, bigbaldbairn and myself all seem (from the timing of our posts) to have logged in at about the same time. Shortly thereafter access wasn't possible.

I also note with interest that some other parts of the flybmi diamond club website are currently being updated, such as:
"First time online" and
"How we compare" - I'm interested to see what they put there once they've finished! Although OTH, this later part only has the text "We are currently updating this information. Please try again later", whereas the other parts have a proper box with warning sign and maintenence blurb, so it could be that this "compare" part has been like it is for a while now.

More details in my original post #3

Last edited by jbfield; Feb 16, 2006 at 6:07 am
Old Feb 16, 2006, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, KLM Ivory, TK Classic Plus, Car Hrtz PC, AVIS Pref, Hotel HH Dia, ICPC Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by jbfield
I think it was just a blimp that allowed you to access your account when you weren't supposed to have been able to due to maintenance. You, bigbaldbairn and myself all seem (from the timing of our posts) to have logged in at about the same time. Shortly thereafter access wasn't possible.

I also note with interest that some other parts of the flybmi diamond club website are currently being updated, such as:
"First time online" and
"How we compare" - I'm interested to see what they put there once they've finished! Although OTH, this later part only has the text "We are currently updating this information. Please try again later", whereas the other parts have a proper box with warning sign and maintenence blurb, so it could be that this "compare" part has been like it is for a while now.

More details in my original post #3
Thought I was getting some special treatment, obviously not. Hopefully be back up and running soon.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I feel like my membership requal period has shifted by 5 days or so. Bizarre.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:06 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
I feel like my membership requal period has shifted by 5 days or so. Bizarre.
Mine too has definately been moved back about 4 days

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.