Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access - New System

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2005, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BD*S, HH-Gold
Lounge Access - New System

hi guys under the new system which classes of tickets will now gain access to the BD lounge in terminal 1 domestic?

and do they allow access on a award ticket?

i got SK *A silver

many thanks

BBJ
Old May 31, 2005, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
The short answer to your question is that no one (including, it seems, BD) knows the answer yet. All we have so far is a headline announcement, and few if any real details have been revealed.

What we do know for certain is that full fare economy will get lounge access and priority check-in and baggage handling (I will be interested to see if this extends to Fast Track access on international flights from LHR). I would be amazed if this were not also extended to other expensive (but not full fare) tickets.

In addition, it seems that BMI lounges will let people in on a pay-per-entry basis if their ticket does not qualify. No details have been released on price, but lounges operated on this basis already in the UK charge Ł15-20 per visit.

If you have an economy award ticket then I do not think you will have free lounge access (unless you have *Gold or BMI Silver/Gold, OR if you are connecting to a Star Alliance flight in C or F later that day - the situation is less clear if you are connecting TO BD FROM a Star Alliance C or F flight).
Old May 31, 2005, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BD*S, HH-Gold
just to confirm ill be travelling LHR- MAN BD in economy and MAN-SIN in Business
Old May 31, 2005, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BigBadJohn
just to confirm ill be travelling LHR- MAN BD in economy and MAN-SIN in Business
Aha. This could be enough to get you in to the lounge at LHR (though they may take a bit of friendly persuading). As I understand it, all you need is a Business or First flight on a *A carrier on the same day.

They could decide that if you don't already have the SQ boarding pass then they won't let you in, but this would strike me as harsh (though the rules do talk about having a boarding pass for the same day flight).

Have something official looking (like your paper ticket if indeed it is a paper ticket) confirming your flight on SQ that day, and look to gain access on the basis of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.