Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BD*S, HH-Gold
Transfer at Manchester

will need to transfer from BD arriving from Heathrow in terminal 3 and departing fromt erminal 2 on SQ to singapore. is there a transfer desk, can i check luggage thru from LHR and do i have to walk from term3 to term 2 or is there a transfer bus

many thanks for help in advance

BBJ
Old May 23, 2005, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BigBadJohn
will need to transfer from BD arriving from Heathrow in terminal 3 and departing fromt erminal 2 on SQ to singapore. is there a transfer desk, can i check luggage thru from LHR and do i have to walk from term3 to term 2 or is there a transfer bus

BBJ
1. You should be able to check baggage through - just show the LHR staff your SQ ticket or eticket printout.

2. There certainly used to be an airside transfer bus from Terminal 1 (sam building as T1) over to T2, but it tended to run only on request. I would ask the BMI gate staff at T3 immediately as you disembark, or maybe even drop into the lounge (on your left next to the arrival gate from LHR). There are transfer desks at T1 though to be honest think you'll have to get your BP from the gate or transfer desk once in T2.

3. There is a landside free transfer bus over to T2, or you can walk (takes a while - allow 15+ minutes) by following the T2 signs.
Old May 23, 2005, 1:24 pm

BBJ

BBJ: Are you sure about your terminals? I'm pretty sure SQ departs from LHR T3 (that's where the SKL is) and lands in Changi T2.
Old May 23, 2005, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

just to clarify im flying LHR-MAN-SIN

i know its a strange way but i could only get a award flight out of MAN with SQ
Old May 23, 2005, 1:37 pm

Oops, my carelessness in reading. Need a bit of caffeine now.
Old May 23, 2005, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
just to clarify im flying LHR-MAN-SIN

i know its a strange way but i could only get a award flight out of MAN with SQ
Not strange at all! More chance of an empty seat next to you for a start. If you're in Raffles or First then definitely get BD to sort out an airside transfer.
Old May 23, 2005, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

i will be in economy from LHR-MAN and Raffles from MAN-SIN
Old May 23, 2005, 3:40 pm

I did some work at T2 at MAN and IM sure there is an airside transfere. You're one in a million though, Id say all the BD folks will be at the end of the line so you might have to make yourself known to the groundstaff. Instead of turning right to baggage, you turn left if i recall. Then through a glass corridor to T1 and then onto a transfer bus to T2.
Old May 23, 2005, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by redgrape
I did some work at T2 at MAN and IM sure there is an airside transfere. You're one in a million though, Id say all the BD folks will be at the end of the line so you might have to make yourself known to the groundstaff. Instead of turning right to baggage, you turn left if i recall. Then through a glass corridor to T1 and then onto a transfer bus to T2.
That sounds correct. An alternative to approaching the BD staff would be to turn left on entering the terminal and walk down the corridor. This will take you into the Terminal 1 gate area. There is a GlobeGround transfer desk there if I recall correctly. Globeground are the handling company for SQ at MAN (as well as for most of *A except BD, who use Aviance because BD used to own them).
Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Updates?

I think this thread might need updated a bit. I saw on the airwise site that The courtesy bus between terminals and rail and bus stations no longer operates.

I need to get from USAirways in Terminal 2 to Terminal 3.

Do I really have to take a train to terminal 1 and then walk to terminal 3?

If this is the case, how long should it take and how is the wait at security in MAN these days?

Thank you much for your help!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
I think this thread might need updated a bit. I saw on the airwise site that The courtesy bus between terminals and rail and bus stations no longer operates.

I need to get from USAirways in Terminal 2 to Terminal 3.

Do I really have to take a train to terminal 1 and then walk to terminal 3?

If this is the case, how long should it take and how is the wait at security in MAN these days?

Thank you much for your help!
First of all, definitely ask the US staff to confirm that the bus is really history.

If it no longer exists then you'll have to go through immigration, then go up one level (into the T2 ticketing/check-in hall) and follow the signs for Terminal 3. It is around a 15 minute walk at reasonable pace, mostly along a long glass enclosed walkway elevated above the terminal access roads. This has moving walkways most of the way.

Alternatively, there is a landside bus (not used it for years but convinced it still exists) which will take you from the kerbside of the Terminal 2 arrivals level around to Terminal 3 in 5 minutes or so - definitely the best option if available.

At Terminal 3, security can get busy in the mornings (which is presumably when you will be passing through). If you are taking BMI to London or Edinburgh then there is a dedicated security checkpoint next to the check-in desks which is usually fast. The main checkpoints can take 15-20 minutes at REALLY bad times but generally you have a lot less to worry about here than at, say LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.