Wiki Posts
Search

Would you like egg or egg, sir?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Angry Would you like egg or egg, sir?

On the BD50 this morning (9F, naturally) with a well-deserved raging hangover I was hoping for respite in the form of bmi's traditional over-cooked, greasy pannini. We even had a slot delay to allow the bread to get really dry and burnt in the galley oven ^ But the pannini has been enhanced. There is no longer a rotating menu of bacon, sausage or egg - there is just one 'breakfast pannini' containing egg, with a bit of bacon on top. The alternative to the pannini is, of course, omelette. So there's a choice between egg or egg.

Others hate fish, I hate egg. It smells like ..... I've come to accept egg will always feature in airline breakfasts but what f**king idiot at Donnington Hall cannot grasp the basic rule of catering - exclusive choice. You wouldn't upload only fish sandwiches or only meat sandwiches. So why only egg?

I asked the FSM if it would help to order a special meal in the future and she said it wouldn't make any difference. She offered to break into the lunchtime catering cart and get me a sandwich but returned minutes later roaring with laughter. Guess the filling...

Last edited by ajamieson; Dec 10, 2004 at 5:01 am
Old Dec 10, 2004, 5:03 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
My sincere sympathies.

Does sound like one bad hangover though. This is what happens when you hang around with the BA board too long
Old Dec 10, 2004, 5:45 am

It's no yoking matter this!
Old Dec 10, 2004, 5:51 am

bmi should have some serious egg on their faces after this!

OK, I'll get my coat.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 10:17 am

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints
Originally Posted by ajamieson
On the BD50 this morning (9F, naturally) with a well-deserved raging hangover I was hoping for respite in the form of bmi's traditional over-cooked, greasy pannini. We even had a slot delay to allow the bread to get really dry and burnt in the galley oven ^ But the pannini has been enhanced. There is no longer a rotating menu of bacon, sausage or egg - there is just one 'breakfast pannini' containing egg, with a bit of bacon on top. The alternative to the pannini is, of course, omelette. So there's a choice between egg or egg.

Others hate fish, I hate egg. It smells like ..... I've come to accept egg will always feature in airline breakfasts but what f**king idiot at Donnington Hall cannot grasp the basic rule of catering - exclusive choice. You wouldn't upload only fish sandwiches or only meat sandwiches. So why only egg?

I asked the FSM if it would help to order a special meal in the future and she said it wouldn't make any difference. She offered to break into the lunchtime catering cart and get me a sandwich but returned minutes later roaring with laughter. Guess the filling...
are you sure you dont mean Egg-sclusive Choice, or maybe thats what donnington hall are going for here

P
Old Dec 10, 2004, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Well it's certainly one for the album(en) although I'm hardly eggstatic about the whole thing. <sniff>
Old Dec 10, 2004, 2:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
Talking

To be fair, the breakfast choice, like any other meal choice on BD Dom/Euro is never EGGcellent.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 2:28 pm

Programs: BD Blue+, LH Blue, VS Red (nothing metallic: I don't get out much these days.....)
These extremely poor egg-related puns are just getting clucking ridiculous
Old Dec 10, 2004, 3:12 pm

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints
Originally Posted by DClass4Me
These extremely poor egg-related puns are just getting clucking ridiculous
my thoughts eggsactly

P
Old Dec 10, 2004, 5:28 pm

Taxi for the BD forum...
Old Dec 11, 2004, 7:02 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Why the cab? Are we going into eggs-ile?

Alex
Old Dec 11, 2004, 7:09 am

BD's catering staff really must scramble to improve matters, otherwise other carriers will poach their custom. I hope the management is robust in this; after all, one must break eggs to make omelettes...
Old Dec 11, 2004, 7:34 am

This is all rather disappointing. In my recent (and only ) BMI J eggs-perience, the hot catering on a Dom J was rather pleasant.

All in all, I enjoyed the BMI trip (don't tell anyone on the BA board... ). However I was somewhat narked by the Ł4 credit card levy - seems a bit eggs-pensive if you ask me.....

Fortunately my post BA drinkies hangover wasn't too bad - though the whites of my eyes were marginally blood shot......

Last edited by Shuttle-Bored; Dec 11, 2004 at 7:36 am
Old Dec 11, 2004, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
The catering manager should be eggsterminated!!
Old Dec 11, 2004, 11:10 am

That would certainly make some of us eggstatic!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.