FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   bmi | Diamond Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/)
-   -   Question regarding joining bmi DC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/36829-question-regarding-joining-bmi-dc.html)

HajoFlyer Apr 28, 2003 10:50 am

Question regarding joining bmi DC

I'm still stuyding the new DC rules and am already considering joining DC in addition to my LH account. DC membership in Germany is not possible, however, stating a UK residential address is no great problem for me.

I understand that you have to send in BPs of 2 full fare flights in order to join. Do these have to be bmi flights or would *A partner flights also qualify for this?

TheJester Apr 29, 2003 12:30 am

bmi website says

"Simply download the application form and send it to us, together with two original boarding cards and corresponding ticket receipt from any bmi flight to: "

Looks like you'll be needing to make a BD booking.

TJ

YOWkid Apr 29, 2003 2:54 am

You really don't need them. I joined with nothing.

Wingnut Apr 29, 2003 8:18 am

Out of interest, why join another programme within the same alliance when you're already with one of the best ones?

ETA: why not just move your lufty account to a UK address?

[This message has been edited by Wingnut (edited 04-29-2003).]

Bond Boy Apr 29, 2003 8:50 am

Better earning options when flying discounted LH ? Or maybe better reward travel availability on BD metal?

hugoagogo Apr 29, 2003 9:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
You really don't need them. I joined with nothing.</font>
So you just sent the forms in without the boarding cards ?

Just curious as I know someone going on a RTW who would probably make silver on the trip.

HajoFlyer Apr 29, 2003 10:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
Out of interest, why join another programme within the same alliance when you're already with one of the best ones?

ETA: why not just move your lufty account to a UK address?

</font>

There are several reasons that make this move attractive:

- much lower qualification requirements for *G
- bmi awards automatically booked in C for *G
- better earn/spend ratio on some routes (worse on others)

If I do this, LH will still remain my main account. I'm on my way back to LH SEN, so BD DC will be an option not before late summer when my SEN status is assured. But I only need to requalify for SEN every second year, so would like to bank some miles with bmi for the reasons described above.

[This message has been edited by HajoFlyer (edited 04-29-2003).]

YOWkid Apr 29, 2003 2:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hugoagogo:
So you just sent the forms in without the boarding cards ?</font>
Yup, that's what I did and I got the true blue card in two weeks.

YOWkid Apr 29, 2003 2:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
Out of interest, why join another programme within the same alliance when you're already with one of the best ones?</font>
I was thinking of switching over until I realised that redeeming points would have been a pain from NA and don't know what would happen once I lose my UK address.

Of course, the blue card is great for the extra 20kg baggage allowance. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

kempis Apr 29, 2003 3:10 pm

Can someone explain this to me

-bmi awards automatically booked in C for *G

small em Apr 29, 2003 9:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
Can someone explain this to me

-bmi awards automatically booked in C for *G
</font>
BD Golds get a free upgrade on all BD award flights. In theory it is subject to space availability, but I've never known them refuse.

TheJester Apr 30, 2003 12:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
Of course, the blue card is great for the extra 20kg baggage allowance. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif</font>

Doesn't look like it will be anymore

from the bmi website

"20kg additional free baggage allowance (silver and gold card members only) "

TJ

bounty Apr 30, 2003 2:54 am

does anyone know if I get points/miles for introducing a new member?

YOWkid Apr 30, 2003 3:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bounty:
does anyone know if I get points/miles for introducing a new member?</font>
It doesn't look like you can anymore (at least from the application form...)

[This message has been edited by YOWkid (edited 04-30-2003).]

YOWkid Apr 30, 2003 3:40 am

[This message has been edited by YOWkid (edited 04-30-2003).]