Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

OT: FTers invade London November 8 & 9

Old Sep 29, 03, 10:34 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Check out Community for information about our upcoming London Do on November 8 and 9. We've got a lot of Yanks headed over the pond; how about some more Brits joining us? It's shaping up to be the biggest FT gathering ever in Europe.

UK is a small country and there aren't many miles to be earned for attendance - but it should be a lot of fun. Wingnut and GKare heading the two pub crawls, we're having curry on Saturday night and dim sum on Sunday.
Old Oct 2, 03, 3:37 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Thanks for that SanDiego1K.

I've decided to go... can't resist the lure of alcohol in a strange city and a paltry 200 miles each way on an €18 e/w web-only fare!

Any other bmi regulars considering it?
Old Oct 3, 03, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
GoldCircle glad to hear you can make it. IŽll be there, probably.
Old Oct 3, 03, 9:23 am

You'll be there, AJ, and in all likelihood you'll wake up the next morning and not know what you've done the night before...
Old Oct 3, 03, 12:02 pm

ajamieson Probably, indeed! Afraid of a few Americans, are we? (Not often do we find ourselves ranked third in the world... so had to take a gratuituous poke ) The France game will be marvelous, Japan is usually a bright competitor and Fiji, ahhh! Fiji.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
You'll be there, AJ, and in all likelihood you'll wake up the next morning and not know what you've done the night before... </font>
This is called universal paranoia - we all live with that!

Though I like the bit about the full wallet. Neat trick, that. When you figure it out, let us all know

Old Nov 7, 03, 5:53 am

Little bump - may I draw your attention in particular to the 2.30pm pub crawl on Saturday? p20 of the above referenced thread for full details...
Old Nov 7, 03, 6:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
My drinking starts early at the Diamond Club at EDI at 10am for Scotland v Australia. Rugby on telly, free beer...fabulous
Old Nov 7, 03, 10:17 am

And mine at the Diamond Club in DUB - alcohol and rugby...mmm

If Scotland wakes up from its recent lack-lustre performances, they could do what Ireland almost did. Best of luck Mr. Jamieson and I'll see you later in the day.

Wingnut - thanks for the late meeting point for the pubcrawl - I should be ontime, but you never know at LHR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: